Scope Advice

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tovarisch

Scope Advice

Post by Tovarisch »

I have had a Bushnell on my 91 59 for a decade. Eye relief was never any good with the 3-9x30 and whatever Brownell's mount (no-drill) I found back then.
I want to change mount and scope but I am dizzy looking at all of the options out there. I came back to RMNF to ask for recommendations for mount ans scope.
Eyesight gets worse every year. Barely hit paper at 50 yards without glass.
Thanks.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scope Advice

Post by millman »

Look into a scout scope option. It uses a long eye relief scope.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tovarisch

Post by Tovarisch »

That's what I have in the BKL mount. It's a one-piece mount with built in rings. I am looking for something different. I would like to get a solution that puts the scope forward enough to use strippers. Love me some strippers!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Tovarisch wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am I have had a Bushnell on my 91 59 for a decade. Eye relief was never any good with the 3-9x30 and whatever Brownell's mount (no-drill) I found back then.
I want to change mount and scope but I am dizzy looking at all of the options out there. I came back to RMNF to ask for recommendations for mount ans scope.
Eyesight gets worse every year. Barely hit paper at 50 yards without glass.
Thanks.
S&K mount is the best mount on the market without drilling.