New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by millman »

That is a Mosin Nagant Sporter. It is hard to say where it was made with no markings. We don't really deal in sporters on this forum. If no one has any info, you might find out more on Gunboards. Just FYI, Nagants are revolvers, Mosins are rifles.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
NagantNovice

Post by NagantNovice »

Thank you very much for the quick response and correction.
I'll keep asking around, hope to learn more!
All the best.
Rumpelhardt

Post by Rumpelhardt »

Hello from Maine. This looks like great site. One of the few milsurp sites I had not found yet.
Rich32501

Post by Rich32501 »

Hello everyone! After not firing a rifle for 25 years, I found dad's forgotten stash of milsurps he put away around 1970. Glad to be here.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rich32501 wrote:Hello everyone! After not firing a rifle for 25 years, I found dad's forgotten stash of milsurps he put away around 1970. Glad to be here.
Like riding a bike, once learned it isn't unlearned, it will come back to you. What was in the secret stash of rifles?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rich32501

Post by Rich32501 »

A mosin, an 03a3, a siamese 46, and drum roll.....a Johnson 1941
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

We would love to see pictures of those.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Pew

Post by Pew »

Plunking down a first post.

I found a clean 1942 Tula re-arsenal 91/30 while waiting or another auction to ripen and I impulse bought it as it was from an estate and hasn't even been thoroughly cleaned of cosmoline.

I've been searching info on stamps and features, and I don't think it's anything special, but I'm not done looking. No filled scope holes or sniper stamps, but it is not c'bored, not dinged or banged up at all, and I'm happy with it.

Mosins are huge area of knowledge and I have a lot to learn. :shock:
Int31cm

Post by Int31cm »

Really great site. I only recently got the Mosin bug, and I think I got it pretty bad (own 3 now). Love the history.

A little off subject, but bit of my personal history that might be interesting to the group, maybe not. I once had the opportunity to work in joint venture in Russia with Izhmash , and had the opportunity to work with some of the officials there. I only wish I had the Mosin itch when I was there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Int31cm wrote:Really great site. I only recently got the Mosin bug, and I think I got it pretty bad (own 3 now). Love the history.

A little off subject, but bit of my personal history that might be interesting to the group, maybe not. I once had the opportunity to work in joint venture in Russia with Izhmash , and had the opportunity to work with some of the officials there. I only wish I had the Mosin itch when I was there!
Cool. Post up some pics of your collection in the collectors forum.

C. S. Lewis
Int31cm

Post by Int31cm »

Will do! Thank you again. It’s really great to see folks who care about these pieces of history.
Int31cm

Post by Int31cm »

Here are a couple of my Mosins - The 91/30 (see stock splice/ex sniper) is very accurate, a real blast to shoot. Also are pics of recent acquisitions - M39 and 1943 Izshevsk PU rebuild.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
digged

Post by digged »

Hello Everyone,

New on the site, and just became the proud collector of a few of my fathers rifles, one of which is a 1927 Finnish M91 with a stepped barrel. I have a couple other Mosins in the collection as well, but that seems to be the most rare and interesting.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

digged wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 am Hello Everyone,

New on the site, and just became the proud collector of a few of my fathers rifles, one of which is a 1927 Finnish M91 with a stepped barrel. I have a couple other Mosins in the collection as well, but that seems to be the most rare and interesting.
We'd like to see pics.

C. S. Lewis
digged

Post by digged »

Here's a few pictures.
IMG-2990.JPG
IMG-2992.JPG
IMG-2993.JPG
IMG-2994.JPG
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very nice.

C. S. Lewis
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Not new here, but have a question. What do you all use now for posting pictures? Last time I posted, I used photobucket. But that site is useless now. Any suggestions?

Catcracker
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

catcracker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm Not new here, but have a question. What do you all use now for posting pictures? Last time I posted, I used photobucket. But that site is useless now. Any suggestions?

Catcracker
Upload them straight to the forum when you are making a post. Click the "attachments" button down below, Click "add files", select the picture you want and click "open. There is a size limit, but that is usually not an issue for me.

C. S. Lewis
24 ID

Post by 24 ID »

Just arrived from (board which shall not be named), courtesy capt14K.

Thanks for an opportunity to ask questions and contribute.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Welcome aboard .

C. S. Lewis