Polish m44 query

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
dangeo69

Re: Polish m44 query

Post by dangeo69 »

Very Good job on that bolt. What are the markings on the right side of that receiver
8D1BAEF5-7D05-4902-A4FB-198CA817F8A5.jpeg
Photo of receiver markings for Mr Steelbuttplate. Not sure what they all mean myself yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You are from Europe? Looks like European inspection stampings required in order to sell them. 7.62 is the caliber. I don't know what the other ones mean. Someone here will know though or at least be able to tell you what country this was done in. Something tells me Germany but I really don't know. Here, we get ugly importer stampings required by our government. But on the Polish M-44's these markings are indiscreet and on the muzzle end of the barrel..
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Fair play George, that's an excellent job......can I ask who did it for you?, in case I ever need a job like that doing.
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

dangeo69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am Very Good job on that bolt. What are the markings on the right side of that receiver

8D1BAEF5-7D05-4902-A4FB-198CA817F8A5.jpeg

Photo of receiver markings for Mr Steelbuttplate. Not sure what they all mean myself yet.

UK proof marks, it was nitro-proofed at the London Proof House in 1990 ("LP" over "90").
dangeo69

Post by dangeo69 »

Snayperskaya wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm Fair play George, that's an excellent job......can I ask who did it for you?, in case I ever need a job like that doing.
Its a local chap who lives near me. Hes been restoring firearms since he was 16 and his work is superb. He has done a few bits for me one of which was taking a ZF41 scope to pieces to clean the very cloudy len' and re-assemble. Its not only firearms but anything firearm related i.e. restoration of old presentation cases etc etc. I will speak to him and message you with his info. Hes not cheap but he did the bolt for me on mates rates.

George