Re: Ruger LCP II 380.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

I am looking at a little Ruger LCP II 380 for my carry gun. I have read some reviews and it sounds like a good little gun for the price.
I know there are some better and more expensive little 380's out there but, I am not looking to spend a lot on one if this Ruger is as good as they say it is.
So my question is if any of y'all have one or have had the opportunity to fire one I would appreciate input.
I know the LCP II has a few better up grades from the original Ruger LCP.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I like mine... Pretty accurate actually. Good shooter, small footprint, fits in the pocket.

My only issue was I would press the mag release when firing at first, Stayed aware of it after and no issues.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Ironnewt

Re: Re: Ruger LCP II 380.

Post by Ironnewt »

My issue is the caliber. Granted we are talking about a pistol that will be used at arm's length or closer and basically as a last resort, but quite a few 9mm's are about the same size.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Ironnewt wrote:My issue is the caliber. Granted we are talking about a pistol that will be used at arm's length or closer and basically as a last resort, but quite a few 9mm's are about the same size.
I agree, But they are still bigger and can throw you out of carrying in ANY condition or circumstance. The LCP is a real pocket pistol... Even in a pair of shorts on the beach playing volleyball with no shirt on. You can be active & no one is the wiser. That's where this thing shines. Not like anyone needs to see me on a beach with no shirt on trying to still play volleyball! :big shock:

No, I think the LCPII is a great choice when you need to go super small or not at all. Makes a good backup too.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Thanks all. I picked one up today. I think it will work out fine for my needs. The little pocket holster works just fine.
Gun, extra magazine and a box of 50 range rounds, out the door $315.00. Now I need to get to the range with it.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Rongo wrote:I like mine... Pretty accurate actually. Good shooter, small footprint, fits in the pocket.

My only issue was I would press the mag release when firing at first, Stayed aware of it after and no issues.
It was kinda funny to watch. :D It tended to shoot low & left, but good enough for the purpose. :thumbsup:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
tomdennys2

Post by tomdennys2 »

I really like mine. Can't beat size and weight and I shoot very well with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk