Makarovs oh Makarovs where are though

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Eubankfan

Makarovs oh Makarovs where are though

Post by Eubankfan »

So I have been emailing every importer I can remember asking what is the status of any new Make ? Since SOG has now left us ( rip) who else imports ? Mach1 said maybe might have. Some congressman since things over seas in the sandbox is slowing down. Guns shows have been dry and GB is insane lol !
steelbuttplate

Re: Makarovs oh Makarovs where are though

Post by steelbuttplate »

Eubankfan wrote:So I have been emailing every importer I can remember asking what is the status of any new Make ? Since SOG has now left us ( rip) who else imports ? Mach1 said maybe might have. Some congressman since things over seas in the sandbox is slowing down. Guns shows have been dry and GB is insane lol !
If I didn't already have a P64 I'm keeping, I'd be getting a CZ 82. Classic has some on sale.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Makarovs oh Makarovs where are though

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Like any other milsurp import, these are the products of yesterday, in some cases 50 or more years ago, supply is limited. One day the supply dries up, that happens with every milsurp import, and then prices climb as demand is still around even if supply isn't. Wouldn't it be great to buy a Soviet 91/30 for $40, or a British Enfield for $25? Never again. You can still get all of these things, but now it will require a larger application of cash, and more looking around.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt