PU scope. What’s it worth?

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
1stnamebassist

PU scope. What’s it worth?

Post by 1stnamebassist »

I have this scope I got with an sks I bought back in the mid 90’s. I didn’t know this scope was for a Mosin Nagant sniper, I know almost nothing about them! I found out when the gentleman who bought the sks mount last week that it was attached to told me what it was! He wasn’t sure if it was legit so he suggested I check here! If it is or isn’t legit what is it worth? I posted some photos so you guys with far more knowledge may be able to help me out. I have no mount just the scope. Any help would be appreciated!ImageImage[url=https://ibb.co/JWZvyQF]Image

Image[/url]
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: PU scope. What’s it worth?

Post by Miller Tyme »

the scope , about $150, the mount is anyone's guess since it needs a special base and was made for the civilian market.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I find the mount interesting. Was it mounted on the SKS?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

The mount is sold. It was for a an sks called the Cowboys Companion that was importedby Navy Arms.
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

Yes it was mounted on an sks. In fact I sold the mount and still have the scope. The gentleman who bought it told me the scope was for a Mosin Nagant. He was saying if it was original, which I believe it is, it could be worth quite a bit. I came here to verify if it was original. I thought it was a cheap scope because of the way the crosshair moves all over the place when you adjust it! Live and learn!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Real .... yes. Worth a lot of money .... no. Like Miller said, maybe $150 plus.

The way you describe the adjustments and the cross hairs would bother me a little. Should be smooth like any other scope.
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

Thanks everyone appreciate the help! 150.00 for washtub amounts to a free scope isn’t too shabby!
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

dolk wrote:Real .... yes. Worth a lot of money .... no. Like Miller said, maybe $150 plus.

The way you describe the adjustments and the cross hairs would bother me a little. Should be smooth like any other scope.
Most scopes the crosshair is stationary and centered. On the the Pu scope the crosshair moves as you make adjustments. It moves very smoothly. Just different than your average scope.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

1stnamebassist wrote: I thought it was a cheap scope because of the way the crosshair moves all over the place when you adjust it! Live and learn!
I was making reference to this comment. It should be smooth, not "all over the place when you adjust it".
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

dolk wrote:
1stnamebassist wrote: I thought it was a cheap scope because of the way the crosshair moves all over the place when you adjust it! Live and learn!
I was making reference to this comment. It should be smooth, not "all over the place when you adjust it".
Haha, yeah I see what your saying! No it moves smooth and easy, I just meant it can go quite a ways left and right and up and down etc...Never seen a scope that does that! That’s why I thought it was some kind of cheap scope. I’m grateful for the help and info gentlemen! Much appreciated!
g5m

Post by g5m »

Early scopes moved the crosshairs like that. IIRC it was in the 1950's that ads came out telling about the wonderful feature of 'always centered crosshairs'. I still have a couple of the earlier scopes somewhere around here, I think.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:I find the mount interesting. Was it mounted on the SKS?
I had a '39 91/30 ex sniper, stamped CH, that just had the one hole plugged, like that mount would have worked on it.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ed55fl

Post by Ed55fl »

Anybody see the PU scopes on apexgunparts.com ?
reiver

Post by reiver »

Ed55fl wrote:Anybody see the PU scopes on apexgunparts.com ?

Yup...reasonable price...you can find them on Ebay from Russia from reliable sources....some collect them and I love to shoot my snipers.

You have a 1944 Yoshkar Ola scope made at plant NKV no 297...they made over 91 thousand scopes from 43-44 and that is why the prices are low even for old WW2 scopes...those numbers are for that one factory. Prices go up if you have an original marked mount (yours is aftermarket) that has the scope # stamped or engraved (auto pen) on it...but still they are not much more.
If on its original or refurbed rifle and so stamped then the deal is quite a bit more.