New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Snayperskaya

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Snayperskaya »

Thanks mate, will get some pics posted when I get chance :)
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Out of curiosity when can I access the forums?, as I don't seem to be able to see them :-(
Almost_Samurai

Post by Almost_Samurai »

I'm not sure bud, I'm just a lowly peasant here but at the bottom can you see the list of Admins (red) on the main page? You could try to message one of them and ask about the issue.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all." -Message to Iraqi leaders following the invasion. (General "MAD DOG" Mattis)
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

I'm in now.....I was clicking on the wrong bit, that's what you get for using a cellphone and big fingers! :oops:
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Quick pic of my 1944 Izhevsk PU meeting my 1926 Izhevsk ex-Dragoon for the first time today :)

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Nice rifles there! Welcome!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

SA1911a1 wrote:Nice rifles there! Welcome!
Thank you :)
Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

I’m an old Florida Cracker who’ First “high powered rifle” was a mosin 91 that my dad and uncle ordered through the mail from an add in field and stream. That rifle was stolen from me and I’ve been wanting another since. I’ve found a 91/30 1931 Tula that is about half an inch or so shorter than all the rest in the rack. The barrel measures 1/4 inch short and the lop is about 3/8 short. How rare is this?
Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

I’m an old Florida Cracker who’ First “high powered rifle” was a mosin 91 that my dad and uncle ordered through the mail from an add in field and stream. That rifle was stolen from me and I’ve been wanting another since. I’ve found a 91/30 1931 Tula that is about half an inch or so shorter than all the rest in the rack. The barrel measures 1/4 inch short and the lop is about 3/8 short. How rare is this?
DirtyEd

Post by DirtyEd »

New guy, have about 20 milsurps, half being mosins, and love to shoot them all. Live outside of Reading, Pa. and am a member of Perry Township Gun Club. Anyone else in my area?
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Welcome aboard to new members! Don’t be shy, post lots of photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

DirtyEd wrote:New guy, have about 20 milsurps, half being mosins, and love to shoot them all. Live outside of Reading, Pa. and am a member of Perry Township Gun Club. Anyone else in my area?
I'm in NJ about 2 hrs from Redding. I usually travel to Redding and Lancaster a couple times a year and will meet PA guys at Clayton's more often than that. Welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Robertroadking wrote:I’m an old Florida Cracker who’ First “high powered rifle” was a mosin 91 that my dad and uncle ordered through the mail from an add in field and stream. That rifle was stolen from me and I’ve been wanting another since. I’ve found a 91/30 1931 Tula that is about half an inch or so shorter than all the rest in the rack. The barrel measures 1/4 inch short and the lop is about 3/8 short. How rare is this?
It's nothing rare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BryanJ

Post by BryanJ »

Hello, BryanJ here, new member from North Florida. My brother (SA1911A1) mentioned this forum to me and said I'd really enjoy it. I've got several U.S. Milsurps and always looking to pick up another. Now I'm looking for the right Finnish Mosin and thought I'd learn the basics here before making a purchasing decision.
pmurphy456

Post by pmurphy456 »

Hi, my name is Phil, and I have just purchased a 1943 Tula PU Sniper. I had a 1937 91/30, and it was phenomenally accurate with Iron sights. I'm looking forward to posting pictures to the sniper group, and getting more information about my new acquisition.
Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

I have a question about the rule that we should not swap parts on rifles to make them correct. Not to argue or question rule but what is the reason for that?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Robertroadking wrote:I have a question about the rule that we should not swap parts on rifles to make them correct. Not to argue or question rule but what is the reason for that?
We like the rifles as they last left their last country of origin or use.. They are historically correct at that point. When someone swaps the parts around they are no longer "correct".
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Almost_Samurai

Post by Almost_Samurai »

Robertroadking wrote:I have a question about the rule that we should not swap parts on rifles to make them correct. Not to argue or question rule but what is the reason for that?
I've learned here that preservation is first and foremost. These are firearms of great historical significance and altering their Arsenal condition is not something anyone here is willing to discuss. "Rescuing" repairing a damaged or bubba'd rifle that has come into your possession is acceptable from what I understand. As long as it is done in the correct manner. (millman you beat me to it :tongue: )
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all." -Message to Iraqi leaders following the invasion. (General "MAD DOG" Mattis)
Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

Ok. Thank you
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Hello,

I'm Johan, a new member from Belgium, into K98's and looking to buy my first Mosin :)

Kind Regards,
Johan