New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mark2009

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by mark2009 »

well ,after some research I found out this is a FINN CUB, with sa markings on the receiver, I wonder with all the experts here how nobody recognized it, but thanks for all the answers!!!!!!!!!!
Slinger

Post by Slinger »

New guy here. Ive got a couple 91/30's, 2 Tula Sks', a norinco Sks, and a type 54 pistol. Not so much a collector, just accumulated them over the years. To be honest, I enjoy shooting Russian and Chinese guns as much as my North American firearms.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

mark2009 wrote:well ,after some research I found out this is a FINN CUB, with sa markings on the receiver, I wonder with all the experts here how nobody recognized it, but thanks for all the answers!!!!!!!!!!
A Finn Cub, that's a new one. It's hard to see the any markings on the receiver end of the barrel from the muzzle end.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Navy ret

Post by Navy ret »

Hi
Ya'll look like a fine forum for old curmudgeonly guys. I am in central Kansas.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Navy ret wrote:Hi
Welcome.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Navy ret wrote:Hi
Really? I lived in McPherson for four years before I moved away to Arizona like a fool. A mistake I soon hope to redact.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Alpino

Post by Alpino »

Hello from Montana
Do love the Mosin-Nagants! but really, all old military firearms. Collect US & Finn. A bit fruit for flare guns these days - ones used by the Finns
My first rifle purchased at 16 1972 was an Finnish M39 - shot a lot of mule deer and elk with it
regret more selling it, as I now think it came out of the Vietnam War.
bottom line - a pissed off old paratrooper
with the best wife on earth & three fine sons
and two good dogs and about 50x racing pigeons
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Alpino wrote:Hello from Montana
Do love the Mosin-Nagants! but really, all old military firearms. Collect US & Finn. A bit fruit for flare guns these days - ones used by the Finns
My first rifle purchased at 16 1972 was an Finnish M39 - shot a lot of mule deer and elk with it
regret more selling it, as I now think it came out of the Vietnam War.
bottom line - a pissed off old paratrooper
with the best wife on earth & three fine sons
and two good dogs and about 50x racing pigeons
Welcome. I think I was 16 about the same time. Jump in with both feet and post some photos of Yer mil slurps.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
petevw54

Post by petevw54 »

Hi there, new to the forum. Bought my 1st Mosin about 5 yrs. ago, and have been slowly replacing non-correct parts with Tula. I also have some "accessories", but I have one I don't know if it's a real Mosin or not.....can't find a pic of it anywhere. It's an ammo pouch....it also has a stamp on the back. I will attempt to attach pics. If I'm successful, please let me know if it's for real, or for some other gun:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

petevw54 wrote:Hi there, new to the forum. Bought my 1st Mosin about 5 yrs. ago, and have been slowly replacing non-correct parts with Tula. I also have some "accessories", but I have one I don't know if it's a real Mosin or not.....can't find a pic of it anywhere. It's an ammo pouch....it also has a stamp on the back. I will attempt to attach pics. If I'm successful, please let me know if it's for real, or for some other gun:
Welcome to the board, there is no such thing as a non correct part on a Mosin unless it something bolted on made by Tapco or another aftermarket acsessory maker. These rifles were repaired, updated and refurbished numerous times during their service life, Soviet arms production managed to achieve excellent parts compatibility. Tula parts fit Izhevsk, Remington parts fit Sestroryetsk, and so on. A mix of manufacturers parts is situation normal in a Mosin, especialy the refurbished Mosins. There is no need to spend endless time and money trying to match every part of the rifle to the receiver's maker. Keep it original as it was when it left Soviet inventory.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
barstati

Post by barstati »

Hello, My name is Tatiana, I'm here to present you a book of my father on Mosin bayonets. My fathers name is Evgeniy Barsukov
My father is a great collectioner and knows really a lot about bayonets for the Mosin rifle. We're first time on this web-site and we will appreciate all the help.
About the book from tha author:
At first I’d like to point out that this work in any case does not claim to be an exhaustive thematic guide for the Bayonet for the Mosin rifle. I had been gathering information for several years and only then, I decided to share my knowledge and collected material on this subject. The main purpose is popularization of the history of Russian weapon and to kindle somebody’s interest in studying and collecting Russian bayonets, because unfortunately this subject is studied rather weakly.
The photos of some bayonets described in the book were taken of excavated bayonets from battlefields. But maybe there are no bayonets «not out of the ground». The purpose was to describe the bayonets for the 3-line Rifle as many as possible so I placed the photos of bayonets as they were found. But I do not have all the bayonets represented in the book.
yotgguitar

Post by yotgguitar »

Hi everyone.....my name is Matt and I'm a novice military small arms collector...and I stress the word NOVICE!!
I'm also a lover of all expensive hobbies....and I'm an HVAC technician in Louisville, Ky...
You? ;)
kharagos

Post by kharagos »

Hi I'm a new member to this forum and just purchased my first mosin from the research I've done it's a early model hex receiver dated 1921 91/30 and is a Russian version here is a few pics of the stampings on it maybe you guys can tell me more information about it
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Khara ... sort=1&o=2
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Khara ... sort=1&o=2
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Khara ... sort=1&o=0
harryhall

Post by harryhall »

Hi all. Glaf to be a part of this forum. I am new to collecting mosin nagant rifles. I currently have rwo mosin"s, one 1944 M44 and one 1929 M91.
Necrotanker

Post by Necrotanker »

New member here have a m91/30 with a bunch of makings so if anyone can help would be appreciated I have pics of all the markings
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

Hallo !
und viele Grüße aus "Good Old Germany" ……..

Habe dieses Forum gesucht und gefunden, da ich als Sportschütze auch im Besitz dieses Karabiners bin.

Werde mich hier mal umschauen !
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mozart wrote:Hallo !
und viele Grüße aus "Good Old Germany" ……..

Habe dieses Forum gesucht und gefunden, da ich als Sportschütze auch im Besitz dieses Karabiners bin.

Werde mich hier mal umschauen !
translation-

Hello!
and many greetings from "Good old Germany "........

I have searched and found this forum as I am also a sports shooter in possession of this carabiner.

I'll take a look around here!

Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
nightowl

Post by nightowl »

Hi folks , I have just joined today, in fact just bought a mosin -nagant today. Looks like new ( I believe it is factory reconditioned).Tula 1931.
Looking forward to trying it out. It goes with Carcano and Arisaka, fun to play around with.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

:welcome3: to the forum, all new members. Post up pics of your rifles over in the main section when you get a chance.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

ElP wrote:Hello everyone!
I own 3-line M91 Mosin rifle, that was manufactured at the Sestroretsk factory in 1893 and have small sequence number (third hundred). Unfortunately it was later finn'ed to M24... Now I have plans to return it to the original state. A lot of questions are on my way, and I hope that collective mind will help!
Why would you want to ruin the rifle. The Finns fixed it and made it serviceable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk