What do you carry (CCW) and how do you load for it

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dou44

Re: What do you carry (CCW) and how do you load for it

Post by dou44 »

great job on the holster .looks as good as my king tuk that i use with my xd40 sub compact. i need to get something a little smaller for the summer when i do not want to tote the xd.i have been looking at some of the small rugers.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

desdem12 wrote:Nice one. I noticed you said option so you must be a walking aresenal. :lol: I do occassionaly change up and carry a 45 every now and then. :D
Lol yeah. right now I've got this kahr and my lcr 357. Ive thought about getting a holster and trying to conceal my glock 17 but with options this small I don't see the point really.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

I've started carrying this S&W Model 15-3 on Sundays and for dressy events.

I've got some 125 grain 38+Ps with Speer Unibody HPs loaded by Georgia Arms in it.
Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

sheepdog wrote:I've started carrying this S&W Model 15-3 on Sundays and for dressy events.

I've got some 125 grain 38+Ps with Speer Unibody HPs loaded by Georgia Arms in it.
Beeeyouteful!! :mrgreen:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I have had a CCW for many years which has given me time to try many weapon and load combinations. I have a .327 mag. Ruger KLCR 2" light weight combined with a Colt .45 Officers stainless MarkIV Model 80 with Honaday 185 or 230 gr. depending on where I think I might be that day. I always carry some kind of a back up.38 Derringer, even in my Pajamas around the house. a Model 22 Glock .40 cal. in the glove box with a 12 ga. 3" Mag. 500A Mossberg behind the PU truck seat with Critical Defense Loads.Throw in an AK47 underfolder with a 30 round Magazine for the front door of the house just in case for long trips to hostile areas and at least one 7.62 Mosin-Nagant for long range work. Should be good to go. Thanks Jolly Green Chopper
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:I have had a CCW for many years which has given me time to try many weapon and load combinations. I have a .327 mag. Ruger KLCR 2" light weight combined with a Colt .45 Officers stainless MarkIV Model 80 with Honaday 185 or 230 gr. depending on where I think I might be that day. I always carry some kind of a back up.38 Derringer, even in my Pajamas around the house. a Model 22 Glock .40 cal. in the glove box with a 12 ga. 3" Mag. 500A Mossberg behind the PU truck seat with Critical Defense Loads.Throw in an AK47 underfolder with a 30 round Magazine for the front door of the house just in case for long trips to hostile areas and at least one 7.62 Mosin-Nagant for long range work. Should be good to go. Thanks Jolly Green Chopper
Good Lord man...no grenade launchers or TOW missiles? How do you survive with such a limited portable arsenal??!! :brolleyes:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I think my next pistol if I can keep from spending my money on mil surps is going to be a revolver in .327 mag.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

I've done some reading on the Federal Cartridge and it sounds interesting especially for a small carry revolver. My concern with it is the penetration it might have. But for a 30 caliber it sure is a hot round. I also like the M-1 Carbine round but no one chambers it in a double action revolver.
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

i carry a bond arms cowboy 45 colt .410 derringer , and its usually loaded up with win PDX .410 defensive rounds , its accurate and very unpleasant to shoot with these rounds , but i suspect its more unpleasant on the other end , i also carry a short barrelled 45 colt single action loaded up with win 225 gr silver tip hollow points , and sometimes a Ruger single 10 full of stingers , all factory ammo , i have been hankering for a ruger blackhawk 8 shot in 327 fed magnum , but i would have to do some barrel and ejector chopping and maybe a birds head grip frame before it would pack nicely ...
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
The End

Post by The End »

Latley I've been carrying a j-frame with standard 38special. Also carry a G26, G17 and if I really want some back/side pain a 92FS. All loaded with Hornady 9mm hollow point +P, method of carry is ITWB in Stoner leather holsters. -Don
Pads are not meant for Mosin rifles, they are meant for a woman's monthlies!
swoop85

Post by swoop85 »

Glock 20 + Double Tap.....