Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt/45acp

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
locomotiveguy

Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt/45acp

Post by locomotiveguy »

I bought my first 45 acp Colt Gold Cup in 1962 125th Colt anniversary. I worked an entire year with the Lunch Ladys at High School to do it. I wanted to be a good bullseye shooter back then. I was never really great. Got my first Super Blackhawk couple years later when they had just discontinued the wood case and shot that for 20 plus years and sold it to a collector after noticing a disturbing amount of flame cutting on the frame. I have not had a 44 mag for 6 years now. When I got the Howell cylinder that I wrote about in this coulomb I realized how much I enjoyed chunking large hunks of lead and how fun the 45 Colt was. I never owned or shot one until months ago. I decided I wanted a 4 and a half inch Blackhawk combo and found the best deal I could at the next gun show. I wasn't an investment (my usual driving motive) I just wanted it. It shoots great and does not make me crawl around to police the brass. Ain't she purdy?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomaustin

Re: Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt/45acp

Post by tomaustin »

.45s are a hoot to shoot...................nice looking....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are fun aren't they? :twisted: Why didn't you just send the revolver back to Ruger, they would have fixed whatever was the problem.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

The deal was a three for one trade, a new Mark I, a security six stainless 4 in and a new sup Blkhwk. What's not to like? The old sbh had a deep cherry red frame that noting could replace. I never did bond with the new SBH. I cut it down to 5 inch and never was special. It burned up and I never replaced it.