Mosin Nagant sniper....Real or fake?..

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mosin Nagant sniper....Real or fake?..

Post by Longcolt44 »

Pres49s wrote:Sorry, what,s gtg? Thanks
GTG is American slang for "Good To Go".
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Thanks, never heard of them.( Tulsky). So there were two arsenals making sniper rifles post war? Any more?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Good to go =gtg
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

Hope you pick up that second one, looks great!
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

steelbuttplate wrote:Thanks, never heard of them.( Tulsky). So there were two arsenals making sniper rifles post war? Any more?
No, no one "made" sniper rifles post war. (that we know of).

Molot and Tulsky are private owned companies. Neither made rifles. They are a "buyer" from Russia and export what they bought. That does not make them a arsenal. A arsenal is owned by Russia and handles or fabricates firearms. Molot and Tulsky are not arsenals. They did nothing more then RGUNS did when they bought their M91/30 sniper rifles from Russia. They exported them. In the case of RGUNS, they exported them to themselves and sold them here in the US. In the case of Molot and Tulsky, they exported them to US importers and they sold them here.

We know the entire story of RGUNS. How they were seen by many in the crates (people here from the US) before the purchase.

Molot used to sell "Hunting rifles" made from Mosins. Stocks and barrels replaced and refinished. They purchased their snipers and repackaged them into carbord boxes and re-sold them.

Then Tulsky came around next. They were a firearms company also, but with a different reputation then Molot. That is the last batch of snipers imported into the usa.

Read here, you can learn something about the import of these rifles.

app.php/page/67

Order of export:
Century (Some snipers were "put together" here in the USA by Century. That hurts value a bit, but not much
SAMCO (Yugo snipers made by Russia) optics were removed before export, but never refurbished.
RGUNS (confirmed snipers by Vic Thomas)
Molot
Tulsky

I'm amazed all this information is available on the forums on webpages (see above) and still people don't know the information is there. Lots of information on every rifle.
menu1.png
The tabs are there "above every page". Lots of information on snipers also.

One of Molot's rifles. Made from Mosin parts. So they know how to used parts.

This one they sold as a "sniper rifle"

On this model, some Mosin parts were used, but the barrels and stocks were new. This was called a "hunting rifle".
Sort of like a Michell's Mauser version of a Mosin.

This is the reputation Molot had before they got the snipers. Some say they put together the sniper parts and re-marked them up.
Molot refuses to this day to say what they did. But,...... the parts are real, that is for sure. Collectable sniper,. .....yes. To me, not much difference then what Century did with the first imported snipers when they put them together from parts. Or, adding a scope to a SAMCO non-refurbished sniper. All have differences, and that is why the value differ on these snipers. RGUNS is the only one's we know how they were handled, and there is proof that they were rifles all together when the arsenals sold them. But they all have collectable value. All of them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Alright I read page 67. good info on the PU's.I never needed to read it before, I don't have PU's. What I read was RGUNs were PU snipers w/ scopes that were boxed up and shipped. Molots, some may have been assembled from parts by ? we not sure. And, some Tulskys may have new barrels. So all of these are considered authentic. OK :whistle:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

steelbuttplate wrote:Alright I read page 67. good info on the PU's.I never needed to read it before, I don't have PU's. What I read was RGUNs were PU snipers w/ scopes that were boxed up and shipped. Molots, some may have been assembled from parts by ? we not sure. And, some Tulskys may have new barrels. So all of these are considered authentic. OK :whistle:
You need to read it again. This time slower! :chuckles:

RGUNS were never "boxed up". They were in the original arsenal crates and were purchased and shipped to the US that way.
app.php/page/63

Please read for more information: (gunboard)
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... -PU-sniper
rguns1.JPG
rguns2.JPG
Molot rifles we have no idea how they were handles. Certainly different from the way the RGUNS were re-arsenaled. They have many "differences". Why is the question. Obviously they were re-numbered for some reason. ?Who did that. Without Molot's cooperation, we will never know. Each one of these rifles were removed from the arsenal box and individually processed (by Molot) and put in a cardboard box. We know Molot did that. Lots of unanswered questions.

Tulsky's did not have new barrels put on. There is one or two that "may" show that the barrel was replaced, but 99.9999% have the original barrels. Maybe the arsenal replaced a few barrels, but I doubt they (Tulsky) would put that much cost into a sniper rifle. Probably done during re-furbishment. But that is only less then a hand full. Tulsky rifles we know who handled them. Tulsky had a "clean" reputation.

Yes, all of them are considered "authentic". Each has it's own differences both plus and negative. That is why the differences in value as collectables.

Dolk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Internet for "good to go"
Es muy bueno.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Who's got those one or two with new barrels? Donald Trump was reportedly seen at the Tulsky place, decades ago, holding a rifle. I bet he's got one of 'em. Chuck Norris probably the other. Good to go would be Es muy bueno por vaya.
Pres49s

Post by Pres49s »

Thanks for all the info but I don,t feel comfortable without matching scope numbers in the left side of the barrel shank.He asking me 1500 USD for the rifle. Would like to know your opinion. Thanks
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Pres49s wrote:Thanks for all the info but I don,t feel comfortable without matching scope numbers in the left side of the barrel shank.He asking me 1500 USD for the rifle. Would like to know your opinion. Thanks

Well, we really can't help you on the price seeing you are in Spain. We have no way to gauge if that price is low or high in Spain. That would be way over the line here in the USA. About $600 to $800 US dollars here. But that is here.

The rest of the rifle ..... well, it looks like a legitimate Tulsky sniper to me. Yes, it is missing the scope numbers on the side of the left side barrel shank. IF .... IF I had it in my hands, I'd be able to tell for positive or not. Chances are the scope numbers were removed during re-furbishment. Probably because the original scope was damaged and they replaced the scope and didn't re-number it. But, .... It's always a possible faked M91/30.

Don't know what to tell you. I'd say it's got a better then 85% chance it's real. But that's just a guess.

Dolk
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I can't comment on the price but the rifle looks be very similar to my Tulsky I purchased from Aim surplus the other year.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine for reference.

Not all came with the scope cover.
sniper024_zps7af76b71.jpg
The serial number on the barrel was stamped onto the side of the receiver. Both serials electro penciled onto the mount.
sniper016_zps09af0fff.jpg
The old scope number was lined out but is still visible.
sniper017_zps42092f9b.jpg
Scope number matches the number on the mount.
sniper019_zpsf37f9aa7.jpg
sniper007_zpsb1435e4c.jpg
The box it came in.
sniper003_zps5742c079.jpg
Kollaa kestää
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Carbine my ass. :bs.gif: