Crazy Gun Show Haul

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
qz2026

Crazy Gun Show Haul

Post by qz2026 »

So, we have this local show with about 80 tables that is usually fairly good. But, because gun shows have been less than spectacular recently, I decided to only take enough cash to hold a gun until I ran to the bank should something worth while come up. Thought that might turn my luck around.

The gun show was very good. Lots of Milsurps, lots of bubbas and the place was packed. Interesting because it was 6 below zero when I left. I ended up going back to the bank twice :lol: The second time was TulaTom's fault... Here's the haul:

Ljungman AG m/42B Automatic Rifle - paid 750 for it and I think that was in the ball park. I have never seen one of these in the wild. Actually I had only seen Iraqi Veteran's YouTube on the rifle and thought it was very cool. I was shocked to see one on a table. I do love the Swede's...Only downside is that it has a minor tang crack. Will see how minor it is when I get into the stock. Regardless, if it goes into the stock, it is repairable.

Argentine M1981 Engineer's Carbine. I have a weakness for these guns. A little on the rough side but it was fully matching, including the band and bayonet lug and stock and the price was well below market.

Greek Y:1903/14 Mannlicher-Schonauer 1930 carbine w/Greek Crest. (Not a Steyr). This is the one I called Tom about because I had never seen one and knew nothing about it. Heck, never heard of it before. The seller wanted $400 for it (and wouldn't deal lower :D ). Very nice condition and nicely maintained and oiled with a great bore. I'll probably never shoot it because of the 6.5x54mm ammo but when I told Tom what he was asking for it, he simply said buy it. He's my resident Mannlicher expert. Only downside is that there was no cleaning rod. Guess I'll have to be on the lookout for one.

8 boxes of 6,5 mm sk ptr m/94 1987 Ammunitionsfabriken Karlsborg - Very nice ammunition. Wanted $9 per box which wasn't bad. I decided to buy all he had.

40 rounds of FN Belgian 7mm (1933) round head. looks good. The seller said that he has shot it with no problems. Could have bought a case of this for $250. Maybe the next show after I have tested it. Another show by the same promoter in April in a 200 table location locally.

2 Big 45 Metal Cleaner Pads - Hard to walk by this stuff.... Was just thinking yesterday that I needed a couple more to have in reserve.

For the heck of it, I rummaged through a box of Mauser parts and found a Turk (M38) nosecap and barrel band. Have no need for these but you never know.

I'm frig'n broke now :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miner49r

Re: Crazy Gun Show Haul

Post by miner49r »

That 6.5 ammunition is way too nice to use in your Ljungman. It'll rip the shit out of the brass so get the cheap stuff - save the sniper ammo for an M41B! Dang why can't I find that ammo in Canada because it's pretty awesome!!
I just picked up the maintenance kit for my Ljungman today. You'll have to keep an eye out for one of those...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I just picked up the maintenance kit for my Ljungman today. You'll have to keep an eye out for one of those...
Already looked :D Liberty Tree has them...

I wasn't going to use that ammo in the M41B. Probably use it in one the M-38's. Might not even shoot it. I'll be reloading for the Swede's this summer and have plenty of PPU. I just couldn't say no to this stuff...
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Sounds like you scored at the show.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice haul! :biggrin: :biggrin: :music2.gif: :thumbsup:
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

Nice!!! The 8 boxes of m/41 6.5X55 for $9 a box would have made for a fine gun show for me alone, it's superb. :thumbsup:

Everything else you picked up was icing on the cake. :mrgreen:
Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Good score. :thumbsup:

I was going to go to a gunshow today but we had over a foot of snow overnight.. bummer. :b sad:
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Where is this show at? Great price on the Ljungman. One of my favorites.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

capt14k wrote:Where is this show at? Great price on the Ljungman. One of my favorites.
Gaylord, Michigan with a mixture of local sellers and Northern Michigan sellers. Several older gentlemen starting to move some of their collections. There are tons of gun shows in Michigan but this one always seems to be the best Milsurp-wise. I'm really not sure what these are worth. I was told only that the price was in the ball park so I bought it.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The Ljungman in top condition all matching can fetch $1,500. Most sell around $1,000. The Argentine Engineers Carbine in top matching condition I've seen $800 most sell around $500.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

I too lucked out at a local gun shop this week. Just was passing by and stopped in. $200 bought me a 1943 Tula 91/30 all matching with the correct stock for WWll and in great shape, cleaned and ready to go. Had a great day at the range. The shop was in a terrible neighborhood that's why I think the pricing was that good or the guy had no idea what he had.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Thanks. I am very familiar with all the Argentine variants but with the Swede I had no clue. One of these days I might post it and you guys can give me a better idea of it's value. Looking like, overall, I scored pretty well.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: Wow that is a great haul. Would love to see any of that at the shows here.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I tore into the Argentine yesterday. What a gooey mess with some active pitting under the handguard. Had a broken ejector too. How that happens is beyond me. But Liberty Tree came to the rescue again... This was definitely not one of the pretty Argentine exports. It appears to have been used hard and put away wet. Bore was severely powder fowled but cleaned up nicely and has no pitting although the bore is dark. Some active rust and pitting under the barrel bands and bayo lug. This will all clean up nicely based on my experience. Will take some time though... Will be a good shooter I suspect and one with lots of character.

Yet, again, my ex-kitchen table rifle bench is trashed. Wouldn't have it any other way :)
mwt

Post by mwt »

qz2026 wrote:So, we have this local show with about 80 tables that is usually fairly good. But, because gun shows have been less than spectacular recently, I decided to only take enough cash to hold a gun until I ran to the bank should something worth while come up. Thought that might turn my luck around.

The gun show was very good. Lots of Milsurps, lots of bubbas and the place was packed. Interesting because it was 6 below zero when I left. I ended up going back to the bank twice :lol: The second time was TulaTom's fault... Here's the haul:

Ljungman AG m/42B Automatic Rifle - paid 750 for it and I think that was in the ball park. I have never seen one of these in the wild. Actually I had only seen Iraqi Veteran's YouTube on the rifle and thought it was very cool. I was shocked to see one on a table. I do love the Swede's...Only downside is that it has a minor tang crack. Will see how minor it is when I get into the stock. Regardless, if it goes into the stock, it is repairable.

Argentine M1981 Engineer's Carbine. I have a weakness for these guns. A little on the rough side but it was fully matching, including the band and bayonet lug and stock and the price was well below market.

Greek Y:1903/14 Mannlicher-Schonauer 1930 carbine w/Greek Crest. (Not a Steyr). This is the one I called Tom about because I had never seen one and knew nothing about it. Heck, never heard of it before. The seller wanted $400 for it (and wouldn't deal lower :D ). Very nice condition and nicely maintained and oiled with a great bore. I'll probably never shoot it because of the 6.5x54mm ammo but when I told Tom what he was asking for it, he simply said buy it. He's my resident Mannlicher expert. Only downside is that there was no cleaning rod. Guess I'll have to be on the lookout for one.

8 boxes of 6,5 mm sk ptr m/94 1987 Ammunitionsfabriken Karlsborg - Very nice ammunition. Wanted $9 per box which wasn't bad. I decided to buy all he had.

40 rounds of FN Belgian 7mm (1933) round head. looks good. The seller said that he has shot it with no problems. Could have bought a case of this for $250. Maybe the next show after I have tested it. Another show by the same promoter in April in a 200 table location locally.

2 Big 45 Metal Cleaner Pads - Hard to walk by this stuff.... Was just thinking yesterday that I needed a couple more to have in reserve.

For the heck of it, I rummaged through a box of Mauser parts and found a Turk (M38) nosecap and barrel band. Have no need for these but you never know.

I'm frig'n broke now :roll:
PPU makes 6.5x54 brass. Hornady 160 gr .264 roundnose work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

PPU makes 6.5x54 brass. Hornady 160 gr .264 roundnose work well.
The dies are very expensive and for as much as I am going to shoot this one, which will be very little, it doesn't make much sense to reload this ammo. Some PPU ammo may be the ticket - which I have already ordered. Could probably later sell the used brass.
miner49r

Post by miner49r »

Imo
Forget about selling the brass. It will be damaged by the rather forceful ejection. I wrecked a bunch already...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

miner49r wrote:Imo
Forget about selling the brass. It will be damaged by the rather forceful ejection. I wrecked a bunch already...
From the Greek 1903/14 Mannlicher-Schonauer? Don't think so, but I've never shot one before... I think you are referring to the AG m/42B.
miner49r

Post by miner49r »

Sorry hahaha

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Tcmosin

Post by Tcmosin »

Looks like a great haul, thought about heading to that one but started painting the Master bed room, will be going to the show in Kalkaska soon. Are you going to Kalkaska or Cadillac, same week end. I might hit both if I can't find anything at the first one.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington