Finn M91

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ksbanker

Finn M91

Post by ksbanker »

After seeing the recent post on the Austrian capture marked M91 I went and examined mine more carefully looking for evidence of a chamber conversion.

Here are the pictures. It appears that it was reamed by the Austrians and restored by the Finn's. Very pleased to have this rifle.

Let me know what you think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
ksbanker

Re: Finn M91

Post by ksbanker »

Pictures Continued
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I will trade you two camels, an ex'wife, and an Iver Johnson cycle and arms .22 for your very fine M-91. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Good score, very nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

There is a hole that needs filled in my collection. Very good rifle you've got there
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very nice M91. The rifle was certainly in Austrian hands, but I don't know if it was ever converted for 8x50? I simply can't tell from the chamber pic and the sight base was never changed from Arshins to Schritt. There is only evidence that the Arshins were crossed out and metric numbers added to the right side of the base. All that said, you don't see many AZF marked 1904 Sestroryetsk's. One to be proud of to be sure.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Ohhhh, I went back and looked at your recent post (of a fantastic rifle) and looked more carefully at the sight. I can see the differences! The Schritt are 2,3,4,5,6 instead of 4, 6, 8, 10, 12. That will hopefully stick in my mind now!

I'm pleased to have it. I bought it from a guy in the middle of Kansas who said he was just more into Enfield's and wanted rid of this M91. I gladly took it off his hands.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Almost_Samurai

Post by Almost_Samurai »

:shifty: Beautiful
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all." -Message to Iraqi leaders following the invasion. (General "MAD DOG" Mattis)