Polish Wz48's at Buds

Rim Fire Firearms
Titanium Hammer

Polish Wz48's at Buds

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Hey guys, just thought I would post this over here as it was originally posted in the Mosin Nagant page. Bud's has got non matching Polish Wz48's for $194 shipped. I've always wanted to add one to my collection so I took a gamble on one tonight. The customer reviews have been good & one guy said he got a matching one. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... R+TRAINING
ksbanker

Re: Polish Wz48's at Buds

Post by ksbanker »

I also placed an order. You guys are such a bad influence! :lol:
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
slcampbell

Post by slcampbell »

I was thinking about ordering one of those from Buds but I found one in a lgs and bought it. The WZ48 is a fun shooter and has a very light trigger pull, it is more accurate than I am, it looks a little worm but has a good looking bore. You have to push the trigger forward to remove the bolt.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Just a heads up Williams has non matching left in stock for $170 each.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I should have mine tomorrow.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

locomotiveguy wrote:I should have mine tomorrow.
Great! Looking forward to seeing yours! I'm very very happy with the one I got!
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Titanium Hammer

Mine is supposed to be delivered on Friday but my FFL may or may not be around to accept the order as he's got a regular office job to pay the bills. Hopefully his wife is home to accept delivery. Best of luck locomotiveguy & post up pics when you get it. :thumbsup:
Titanium Hammer

capt14k wrote:Just a heads up Williams has non matching left in stock for $170 each.

I think they're wholesale only though no?
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Polish Wz48's at Buds

Post by capt14k »

Titanium Hammer wrote:
capt14k wrote:Just a heads up Williams has non matching left in stock for $170 each.

I think they're wholesale only though no?
My FFL buys from them and he definitely doesn't buy on a wholesale level. They have a bunch of single rifles for sale right now. Seems almost all of them are from Samco.

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Being wholesale only in firearms does not mean what you would think of a what wholesale means. Wholesale in firearms means the buyer has the proper firearms license, 01, 03 or class 3 etc. to buy the firearm being bought.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Titanium Hammer

Longcolt44 wrote:Being wholesale only in firearms does not mean what you would think of a what wholesale means. Wholesale in firearms means the buyer has the proper firearms license, 01, 03 or class 3 etc. to buy the firearm being bought.
No I get that LC. It just sounded like anyone could order from them & have the rifle(s) shipped to their FFL but you can't even view their offerings online without an FFL & getting signed up with them.
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I have been truly blessed. Everything matches, bolt buttplate and receiver. the blue is nearly complete.The bolt has a lot of rust patina but no pits. Bore seems excellent Wood has two clean cartouches and only a few scratches. Camera needs to be charged but the pics are all go and will be added soon.
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I have been truly blessed. Everything matches, bolt buttplate and receiver. the blue is nearly complete.The bolt has a lot of rust patina but no pits. Bore seems excellent Wood has two clean cartouches and only a few scratches. Camera needs to be charged but the pics are all go and will be added soon.
r80rt

Post by r80rt »

Those are sweet! I want one.
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Polish Wz48's at Buds

Post by capt14k »

Titanium Hammer wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:Being wholesale only in firearms does not mean what you would think of a what wholesale means. Wholesale in firearms means the buyer has the proper firearms license, 01, 03 or class 3 etc. to buy the firearm being bought.
No I get that LC. It just sounded like anyone could order from them & have the rifle(s) shipped to their FFL but you can't even view their offerings online without an FFL & getting signed up with them.
Yes you need a login. I've gotten pretty close with my FFL and I'm one of his only customers who buys the ugly old brown rifles. Not sure if they accept 03 but I know Century does.

Titanium Hammer

Picked mine up from the FFL last night & I couldn't be happier with what I received. Well, okay I guess if it had the "Archer" logo on it instead of the Circle 11 but I'll take this one any day as my luck playing the gun lottery is historically poor. It's an all matching 1954 example with a beautiful bore. Only had to do minimal cleaning to it last night to get her ready for the range today. For $194 shipped it just can't be beat these days!
[URL=http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Image[URL=http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url][URL=http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Congrats T-H, that looks pretty good for under $200. If it shoots as good as it looks, I'm gonna have to try grabbing one when the April gun budget becomes available.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

I'll post this here too. I decided to order one too after these came in pretty nice. When I started cleaning it, it clearly had some thick grease on it (you can still seem some on the lower half of the chamber). Once I cleaned it up, I realized this grease also covered some serious dry firing damage. Please check these real careful and bring a rag to wipe out the chamber. As you can see in the picture, it's not peened, but instead has a deep groove/gouge worn in it (it was filled with grease when I got it, some of which you can still see in the picture). I'm not sure if this thing is even safe to fire.
IMG_2790.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

Pretty raggedly looking Vandeda. I know mine puts a bulge in the case where the extractor is. Never a rupture though.
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

Locomotiveguy, was this the rifle you received Feb 23rd? Is it because the extractor is worn? I'm definitely bringing an empty shell with me to see how the chamber is to make sure the upper and lower chamber look OK as I've read worn extractors/lower chamber will also result in bulged cases and possible splits. It's a shame because the extractor looks real good on the rifle I received. I really wish the upper half of the chamber didn't have the damage is does, and I really hope the new one will not have the damage this one does along with having a good extractor. If it has a bad extractor, I may just ask for my money back because I don't want the risk of split cases.