Gun show tomorrow

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
runs.like

Gun show tomorrow

Post by runs.like »

Well there has been a change of plans, i had originally planned to go to the range tomorrow with a stop at the local gun shop on my way, thats until my dad let me know about a Gun Show up in West Lebanon NH. I've never been to a gun show before so i am gonna drive the 1.5hrs, pay the seven bucks and have a look, think i'll do some research about model rarity before i go, just in case.
At this point i'll should probably just buy a bunch of ammo instead of another rifle but if something really nice shows up who knows...
dou44

Re: Gun show tomorrow

Post by dou44 »

i hope it is a good one for you. i love going to then and have got to know a few of the vendors .one of them gives me some good deals on k98 parts when he has them.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When you look for ammo you find rifles, when you look for rifles you find only ammo, trick is to get the two to combine at the same time you have money to spend :) Happy milsurp hunting.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Enjoy the show! I enjoy going even if I come home empty handed. Its interesting to see what's out there and at what prices. You almost always see something you've never seen before. You'll have fun no matter the outcome. But, just in case...good luck!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So long as I find something I need, even if it's a box of ammo, or some Hoppes, maybe a manual, if I come out empty handed I am not a happy camper. So far I always have found some small item to make it not a total waste of my time.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Good luck. I never go to a show expecting to find the pot of gold. If it shows up it feels much better.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Good luck And have a nice trip. Take a wad o cash and buy all the mausers and mosins you see and you will be fine. :clap: :clap:
Last edited by desdem12 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't forget the Enfields, Arisakas, Carcano's, Garands, Springfields, Lebels, Vetterlis, Sniders..............:)
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

First time to a gunshow your gonna love it. After going for years though you get a sense of entitlement ----"there will be what I want at a steal of a price, or else! :x "

Good luck and hope you do well!

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
new2mosins

Post by new2mosins »

hope you do better than i did at my last show it was small but was hoping to do better... oh well cant wait for the next one.. good luck my friend
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sgt. Rob wrote:First time to a gunshow your gonna love it. After going for years though you get a sense of entitlement ----"there will be what I want at a steal of a price, or else! :x "

Good luck and hope you do well!

Semper Fi, Rob
I would just like to see what I want , I can cry over the price I can't afford later :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

The next gun show around here is in April. It will be interesting to see if it's a duplicate of the last one held there. That where I got that 1909 Argentine, and one of my ex-Dragoons. And missed out on 80 dollar spam cans :vsad:

I imagine runs.like is walking around that show right now... hopefully asking dad to hang onto his rifle while he looks over another :)
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

The last show I was at, one seller had two broom-handle Mausers. $500.00 and $600.00. I haven't been as tempted in a long time, but alas, my tightwadedness prevailed and I went home with an oil bottle. :cry:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Man that is like half price on those Steve. You could tell your wallet that it could be filled with double next time and it would maybe forgive you. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I saw one at the show I went to recently as well. Of course here, it was listed at $1,200. My wallet had no difficulty saying no!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The big one is going on here this weekend. Forgot all about it. I always seem to be buying a gun right before a show comes up. I guess that's a good thing though.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think you better go to it and see if they have my M91 for cheap there. :lol: :lol:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

dou44 wrote:i hope it is a good one for you. i love going to then and have got to know a few of the vendors .one of them gives me some good deals on k98 parts when he has them.

Always go with that attitude and if you buy nothing at least you saw some friends. People who go with a negative attitude have a negative experience and walk around mad at the world. They aren't anyone you want to be around either or take advice from either. Like the Tank driver said in Kelly's Hero's they are always emanating negative vibes! Bill
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

zeebill wrote:Like the Tank driver said in Kelly's Hero's they are always emanating negative vibes! Bill
I love that movie :)
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Donald Sutherland was the tank driver, wasn't he? Or am I thinking of a different movie?
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.