British rifles

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

British rifles

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't have the whole collection digitalized yet, but here are a few of them.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Crazysarge16

Re: British rifles

Post by Crazysarge16 »

Those are beautiful rifles
"Stay classy gentleman, and remember no one touch my snickers" -Cpt Barry Ammons, 2-23 IN 4/2 SBCT
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: All lookin VG. Has your Mk 5 got a kinda platic coating on it? Also what do you know about a 1918 BSA? Was that a VG year? What rifle are those 7 rounds for?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Look like they are for a Martini Henry.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The third one from the bottom. That's the one I want. Need to refill my suitcase first before taking a ride up. Very nice pics yet again

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The one on the wood platform? That is an unissued Australian Lithgow .22 trainer, 1942, brand new. Very, very expensive.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Oh man my junk just tingled.. lol :lol: :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:3Dpop: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

steelbuttplate wrote::thumbsup: All lookin VG. Has your Mk 5 got a kinda platic coating on it? Also what do you know about a 1918 BSA? Was that a VG year? What rifle are those 7 rounds for?
QUIT messing around and :furious: take that one made in Long Butt outa the box so we can get a cool Enfield drool going. :Drool1:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: British rifles

Post by capt14k »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:The one on the wood platform? That is an unissued Australian Lithgow .22 trainer, 1942, brand new. Very, very expensive.
Didn't realize it was a .22 now I want it even more. Don't you have a similar looking Lithgow in .303 as well? I may have to bring two suitcases with me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote:
steelbuttplate wrote::thumbsup: All lookin VG. Has your Mk 5 got a kinda platic coating on it? Also what do you know about a 1918 BSA? Was that a VG year? What rifle are those 7 rounds for?
QUIT messing around and :furious: take that one made in Long Butt outa the box so we can get a cool Enfield drool going. :Drool1:
Long Branch? That one isn't anything special, just another No4 MK1. The MK5's stock finish is original oil based, I sometimes put lemon oil on the stocks so they pop a bit for pictures. When I'm not to lazy to go get the bottle and rag anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Lithgow trainer in that condition is very rare, and expensive enough that the suitcase full of cash would also need to be in the trunk of a nice vintage early 70's Cadillac with my name on the title.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
steelbuttplate wrote:
Long Branch? That one isn't anything special, just another No4 MK1. The MK5's stock finish is original oil based, I sometimes put lemon oil on the stocks so they pop a bit for pictures. When I'm not to lazy to go get the bottle and rag anyway.
No, on the box it says Long Butt. Please give me knowledge of the 1918 BSA. Both the Mk 5's I have were coated with thin plastic, old factory looking finish......for the Monsoons of the South Pacific I'm guessing ? My first one shot 2 ft. to the left, but soon was hitting bullseye. :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What 1918 BSA? the long butt is actually arsenal cosmoline wrapping around a brand new 1955 No4 Mk2. How many times have you seen an Enfield new and still in the arsenal wrap? I have 20 or more Enfields I could shoot if I needed one for the range, but in my lifetime I am unlikely ever to come across one that is in the arsenal wrap. That wrap contributes to the rifles value and is the perfect way to store it indefinitely. No plastic coatings of any sort on any of my Enfields, such was not in use back in 1945 when my No5 was made. It sounds like you mean poly coatings, but these are a modern thing used by floor refinishers and Bubba when he chops up milsurps for sporters.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm trying to find out about a 1918 BSA I'm buying. Anything special about the yr? It's too good a deal to pass, I've got two 1917 but the 1918 doesn't seem as common. both my Mk5' are '46, may be the difference. It's not Bubba. I know your mummy has a big price , I was just joking about Ol Long Butt.
Last edited by steelbuttplate on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited was producing the No1 MKIII* rifle during the Great War, it's a No1 MKIII* rifle like any other except for the BSA markings. BSA made many things from rifles and machine guns to Bus's, car's, and motorbikes. The war didn't end until 11 Nov 1918, so rifle production was going full blast to the end, and didn't stop with the wars end, only slowed. 1917-1918, all nice rifles and would be priced according to condition.
Theodore Roosevelt
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Never get tired of looking at your Jungle Carbine. :Drool1:
Cj556

Post by Cj556 »

Damn :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
"Vertroue in God en die Mauser"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

The percussion is beautiful. Can you provide more information on it. Looks like a conversion or early cartridge model. What's the deal with the tube on the right side parallel to the lock? Amazing rifle...