Remington 03a3

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
willyj73

Remington 03a3

Post by willyj73 »

I got camera happy today and got some photos of some my rifles that I haven't photographed. I bought this a year and a half ago from auction. Not a U.S. collector, but I do want a few U.S. military firearms. This one is a Greek return. Was caked in grease when I got it. The sling is for a Thompson, but it fits on the rifle and looks pretty good. If I remember correctly, all the parts are Remington.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Re: Remington 03a3

Post by willyj73 »

Some more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very nice Remington, I recognize that DDR mag pouch also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
willyj73

Re: RE: Re: Remington 03a3

Post by willyj73 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Very nice Remington, I recognize that DDR mag pouch also.
Thanks. I use the pouches for mags and a rifle rest for photos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mosin Fanboy
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

She's a beauty!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I didn't realize I had this photo on my PC. These are the U.S. rifles I currently own, except for the one Krag (third gun from the left). The 45/70 has some type of shiny coating from a previous owner. The price wasn't too bad, but I may replace it someday (muzzle swallows a round to the brass :roll: ). The Krag I currenly own has a really nice stock, but was sanded many years ago, so the cartouches are barely visible. The bore has some bad pitting towards the muzzle, but it still shoots good. The M1917 shoots really good. I haven't taken the 03a3 out much yet.
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The 45/70 can be greatly helped if you cast your own bullets, or better yet thumb press a round ball of appropriate size into a case full of black powder. Use soft lead as you would for a minni ball. Nice collection .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt