Just bought a Mosin Nagant 1942

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tvjthomas

Just bought a Mosin Nagant 1942

Post by tvjthomas »

Hello, I just bought a Mosin Nagant and I have some questions, this is the first gun I have ever bought so please pardon my lack of knowledge. I just bought this Mosin at a gun shttp://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=49595&sid=ac481d1aff8dc7946584a593e4fc3b76how a couple days ago and was wondering what is up with the stock and how I could get it back into its original condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fledge

Re: Just bought a Mosin Nagant 1942

Post by Fledge »

It looks like someone refinished it, and cut down the stock to turn it into a sporter rifle. You would need to buy a stock, handguard, and barrel bands to bring it back to it's former glory.
mwt

Post by mwt »

The good news is the metal appears intact. You might post a want to buy on the forum trader for a stock if you want to restore it.

Welcome
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Welcome to the world of firearms ownership! And to start with a Mosin Nagant...Well done!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
tvjthomas

Post by tvjthomas »

Thank you for your help, I figured some one had did something to the stock. I just didn't know exactly what or how to fix it.
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Yes sir, rough 1942 rifle. Get it out the door Ivan. The Hitlerites are at the gates. Yes, you can find nice original stocks from many places, compare details and prices. Start with Liberty Tree collectors. I have used them in past. God bless America
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

tvjthomas wrote:Thank you for your help, I figured some one had did something to the stock. I just didn't know exactly what or how to fix it.
Get a replacement stock and the metal parts you are missing. Our sponsor, Liberty Tree Collectors may have just what you need.
mwt

Post by mwt »

Here ya go
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk