New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mr_Self_Destruct

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Mr_Self_Destruct »

Hello, just stopping by to say hi. I've owned my Mosin for a few years now and have been looking for a good community to learn more about Mosins. I'm also on the hunt for an M44! Need me a flame thrower!
Scott71

Post by Scott71 »

Here's my 3 mosins...I've had them for nearly 20 years and never paid them much mind but recently found them and perked my intrest...all 3 1942 models
Wolfcastle

Post by Wolfcastle »

Just joined and saying hi. I've had a '44 Izhevsk for a few years. Looking forward to learning more about it.
ParrotHead

Post by ParrotHead »

1942 VKT M39 [1905]
1944 Tikka 91/30 [1915]
1940 Tikka M91 [1897]
1940 Tula [SA] 91/30
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1928 5 line ex-Dragoon
1939 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
Eddystone M1917 Enfield
1943 Shirley Enfield No 4 MK 1
1939 ERMA K98k
1944 Swiss K-31
1939 M1895 Nagant
CZ82

Bradone

Post by Bradone »

1st time post. Purchased my 1st Mosin from a hospital bed so haven't even seen it yet. I hope it is as clean and loved as the pictures appear. Plans for it include shooting, ah shooting, oh, and more shooting. I intend to leave it 100% original. I have a few pictures from the listing but will wait to confirm them as truthful. Looking forward to diving into this gun. My SKS I went the opposite direction. while I love it I have a part of me that wishes I had gone original. I will fulfill that on my new (old) 1943 M44. Lots of reading to do!

Bradone
ParrotHead

Post by ParrotHead »

1942 VKT M39 [1905]
1944 Tikka 91/30 [1915]
1940 Tikka M91 [1897]
1940 Tula [SA] 91/30
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1928 5 line ex-Dragoon
1939 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
Eddystone M1917 Enfield
1943 Shirley Enfield No 4 MK 1
1939 ERMA K98k
1944 Swiss K-31
1939 M1895 Nagant
CZ82

shakes

Post by shakes »

hello everybody. Just screwed up and bought my first mosin. 1925 hex izhevsk. I have shot them before but i feel an obsession coming on. lol pics to come....
shakes

Post by shakes »

Thanks. Read I'm supposed to post 3 times before I can share my piece of history with you fine fellows. Do I do that here? Not big on forum etiquette. The few forums I have joined weren't so great. I promise I readed allot.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You can share that new rifle , just start a new topic on the Mosin board so people will see it. If you put it here it might get overlooked as this is the new members first post thread. Ex dragoon, nice first rifle, 20's dates are harder to find.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mach533x

Post by mach533x »

Hey guys! well i bought a 1920 izhevsk dragoon. didnt have any sights on it and it came from a supposed refurb crate from ukraine. I love it! has a prewar stock on it and tula hammer trigger well/magazine thing. SES trigger. so since then.. i splurged and bought a 1942 tula, which is also super nice! has a wartime stock. and just picked up in the mail yesterday a 1916 peter the great! although has the eagles pinged the barrel shank you can see half of the eagle... so i have to have one more with all eagles intact!! I am used to mausers and crazy prices for all matching ones so this is awesome.. i can have 4 mosins for the price of one mauser.. hahaha needless to say i should be saving my GIBILL money for other things... i guess we could have worse habits
njhill

Post by njhill »

Hi thanks for adding me to this group

I recently A rear Mosin-Nagant that I can't put a value on i'm kind a looking for help on that i'm pretty sure it's a Izhevsk Arsenal Mosin-Nagant Cossack Rifle 7.62X54R
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector12

Post by Inspector12 »

Hi all, just purchased my first Mosin today. I won't be able to do paperwork and pick it up until Wednesday because the preventer of all things fun (work) has me busy until after the shop I bought it at is closed. So far I know it is a model 91/30 with a hex receiver and a barrel date of 1932. Still have to figure out where it was made as I cannot recall the other marking on the receiver / barrel. Looking forward to hanging out here and learning.
Scott W

Post by Scott W »

Hi, My name is Scott and I live in Ontario Canada. I just bought my first Mosin Nagant rifle and it is a PU model. I do own two Russian SKS rifles and just love them. They were cheap to buy, and ammo is plentiful and reasonably priced. I am a military history buff, I like researching anything on WW1 to the cold war. My interest is mainly in weapons, equipment and vehicles. I just bought this Mosin Nagant rifle last week, and I just happen to come upon it by accident. And I am glad I bought it, it is in great shape and now I wish to learn about the history of this rifle and of Mosin Nagant rifles in general. I do have an opportunity to purchase another Mosin Nagant rifle, this one is not the sniper model. So I am doing a little research before I buy it.
Scott W

Post by Scott W »

I was able to disassembly, remove the cosmoline, clean and oil and reassemble my Mosin Nagant PU last night. Thanks to all of the information available on this form everything went smoothly. I plan to take the rifle out this weekend for target practice.
Reddcarr

Post by Reddcarr »

Came across this site while searching for a cleaning rod for a Westinghouse M91 restoration, looks like a great group.
Sarasotajohn

Post by Sarasotajohn »

Hello y'all, bought my first mosin on Tuesday and am here to learn. I'm happy to have found a place so full of information.
CoopAK

Post by CoopAK »

Hi, I'm Mark, been collecting guns for years but just started on Mosins. Looking forward to learning much here.
Scott W

Post by Scott W »

Well between rain showers, I was able to shoot my Mosin Nagant PU for the first time this past Saturday. I have to say, I was very impressed, for a 72 year old rifle, I had no issue what so ever, accuracy was bang on. My daughters and I had so much fun shooting it. After shooting when I got home, I strip the rifle down ,clean it and reassembled it with no issues. I am thinking I might just take the rifle with me next month for deer hunting.
SSGTSemperFi

Post by SSGTSemperFi »

Scott W wrote:Well between rain showers, I was able to shoot my Mosin Nagant PU for the first time this past Saturday. I have to say, I was very impressed, for a 72 year old rifle, I had no issue what so ever, accuracy was bang on. My daughters and I had so much fun shooting it. After shooting when I got home, I strip the rifle down ,clean it and reassembled it with no issues. I am thinking I might just take the rifle with me next month for deer hunting.
She should get the job done well, so long as you understand the non-conventional safety that she has, and why it's best not to carry her with a round in the chamber.
MosinMike

Post by MosinMike »

Hello everyone! I'm Mike aka mosinMike. I'm from Indiana and I just recently picked up a 1930 hex head 91/30.