m14 rifle

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Maine 20th

m14 rifle

Post by Maine 20th »

Fired many years ago. Where can we get one and for how much?
capt14k

Re: m14 rifle

Post by capt14k »

A lot of money

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Can you even own one without a machine gun license? These can do full auto.
Cj556

Post by Cj556 »

You can buy a transferable one with the $200 tax stamp. That said a real transferable USGI M14 will run you 20 grand or so. Springfield Armory inc makes the semi auto M1A and they start out at $1300ish, and there are other higher end semi M14 clones out there by Fulton Armory and LRB that run 2 grand or more.
"Vertroue in God en die Mauser"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Technically the non military semi auto M14 is called the M1A and is available from several commercial makers. Everybody still calls them M14's anyway, but the real US military issue M14 is a select fire weapon, very expensive and you will need the correct BATFE paperwork to acquire one, also expensive and time consuming.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Technically the non military semi auto M14 is called the M1A and is available from several commercial makers. Everybody still calls them M14's anyway, but the real US military issue M14 is a select fire weapon, very expensive and you will need the correct BATFE paperwork to acquire one, also expensive and time consuming.
Technically the NM M14 and M14M were military issued semi auto with the selector removed and shaft welded. Many M14s were issued as semi auto. However they were capable of being converted to select fire. Both though are considered full auto because the receiver is no different. Some people have gotten the courts to rule their NM M14 and M14M are not full auto, because they never were never full auto and can't be easily converted to full auto. However without court order full auto rules apply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

As JYD said civilian version is M1A. I don't own one but have read closest to M14 is Fulton , James River, and Pre-1996 Springfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk