Mystery FN Mauser Carbine

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Cj556

Mystery FN Mauser Carbine

Post by Cj556 »

I found this one last year. It is marked Alep and N Baronian and dated 1953 under the butt. The bolt, stock and receiver are matching possibly force matched and there is a Century import mark on barrel. It is an 8mm and similar to the Dutch Police 1948 but it bears different proof marks. It also has a single broach cut making it a Model 1930 rather than Model 1950. I could only find one other like it on the net and no mention in Balls Mauser book. An interesting gun overall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Vertroue in God en die Mauser"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mystery FN Mauser Carbine

Post by millman »

That is SWEET.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
gurn

Re: Mystery FN Mauser Carbine

Post by gurn »

What he said! :pointup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!