Trying to locate a sling and other small parts

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darkdally

Trying to locate a sling and other small parts

Post by Darkdally »

Hello all, this is in regard to my 91/59 carbine. It didn't come with a sling, and I'd like to locate one. I assume that any Mosin is going to have the same the same sling. That, and one other part - my front sling mount in the handguard has a metal ring/sleeve around it, but the rear one, in the buttstock, does not. Before I mount a sling on it, I'd like to find that small metal piece that goes in the rear sling mount on the butt of the rifle. My rifle is in excellent condition, with hardly a scratch, and so I don't know how that is missing, but it is. Also, mine does not have the bayonet with it. I'd like to locate a good place to get these and make this rifle a complete, museum-quality piece.
Thanks
racerguy00

Re: Trying to locate a sling and other small parts

Post by racerguy00 »

As mentioned, stock is probably correct. Also, 91/59s are not compatible with a bayonet.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Darkdally

Post by Darkdally »

Well, I feel a little silly, but now I know. Thanks for the info :)
Darkdally

Post by Darkdally »

spongemonkey wrote:
Darkdally wrote:Well, I feel a little silly, but now I know. Thanks for the info :)
I wouldnt feel silly about it. Here is some info on the differences: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinFeatures06.htm.
Thank you for the informative link. My Mosin is from 1942, and has the front metal piece, but not the rear one, so now I see that that's how it was made. I would still like to find a sling for it. I've looked a bit at local stores, but the slings I've seen are "universal" and have swivels or the sling itself is just too wide for these narrow slots. If I wanted one to fit my rifle, where would be a good place to look?
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Look in the WTS section of the forums. There are usually slings for sale. (Want To Sell). You will have to be logged in and at the main page for the WTS section to show.

Or go to Gunbroker and search for mosin slings....there are dozens....
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

One of our advertisers, Liberty Tree Collectors, has the original slings. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=41
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The M44 was the only Soviet carbine to use a bayonet, the M91/59 does not use or mount a bayonet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I usually look on E-bay 1st, they have some mis-labeled stuff and you never know what you'll find on there.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ParrotHead

Post by ParrotHead »

There is a guy on Gunboards selling expedient slings which are normally shorter for carbines.
Think they are $15 shipped.

1942 VKT M39 [1905]
1944 Tikka 91/30 [1915]
1940 Tikka M91 [1897]
1940 Tula [SA] 91/30
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1928 5 line ex-Dragoon
1939 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
Eddystone M1917 Enfield
1943 Shirley Enfield No 4 MK 1
1939 ERMA K98k
1944 Swiss K-31
1939 M1895 Nagant
CZ82

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Longcolt44 wrote:One of our advertisers, Liberty Tree Collectors, has the original slings. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=41
You know what Chuck, I looked at the listing for these on gun-deals and when I clicked the link we had for them it went to product not found page on CL's site. Then I looked at the category on his site for them and didn't see these. I must have looked right over them. I was just looking at this thread again and saw your response and clicked the link and there they were, DOH! He relisted them with a different link. They're in the gun-deals list again now. Thanks for the heads up buddy.
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Liberty Tree Collectors has all you need.