1925 Tula 91/30 Molot

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JoeZ

1925 Tula 91/30 Molot

Post by JoeZ »

I had this posted in another section, then realized it has Molot markings so I'm posting it again here with photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1925 Tula 91/30 Molot

Post by Rongo »

Are the Molot markings only under the wood on this one or all over the gun?
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

Rongo wrote:Are the Molot markings only under the wood on this one or all over the gun?
From what I remember seeing, only under the handguard. I'll look closer, but nothing struck me before.
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

I looked closer and found these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Well at least they toned down all those stampings... Not too bad.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

No, not too bad. Price was pretty good too. 200 with 80 rounds of silver bear/pouch/oil can etc.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

JoeZ wrote:No, not too bad. Price was pretty good too. 200 with 80 rounds of silver bear/pouch/oil can etc.
You did very well Joe. That is a nice rifle.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

...I'm moving to Arizona!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

NLMosin wrote:...I'm moving to Arizona!

NOOOOOOOO......... I have enough competition here the way it is. Kidding of course (not about the competition though). We have pretty relaxed gun laws here, so I think there are quite a few out there for private sale, not to mention all of the pawn shops. Those are hit and miss though. Last year I saw an M44 in a pawn shop that was very sanded down and very poorly refinished that they wanted 400 for. Occasionally, you will see milsurps pretty cheap, but it seems they are catching on.

As far as private sales, I see prices all over the board here. I have not been to a gun show in the past year, and last year when I went, prices were pretty high. I just try to keep my eyes peeled and check the on line sites as often as I can. A 91/30 Tula went for 100 bucks with reloading dies and some powder I think about a month ago. I saw it about 1/2 hour too late. The deals still come up, but like anything else, timing is everything.

I thought for sure I had missed this one, as I responded about 3 hours after it was posted, but gave it a shot anyway. He didn't text me back until the following morning saying it was still available. I lucked out on that one.