Dennis Kroh had a stroke

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Dennis Kroh had a stroke

Post by Darryl »

From Dennis Kroh's Facebook page

"Just was released from the hospital. Now I have two weeks of stroke rehab to look forward to. I will not be doing basically anything else but trying to get most of my mobility back. It is going to be a rough road but I am very willing and able to succeed.

I want to thank you all for the birthday wishes and messages of support that I was given. Believe it or not, this was not the worst birthday that I have ever had. Looking back, I have had quite a few very interesting experiences on my birthday in the past. However, I am looking forward to having many more birthdays and I hope you all do too."
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Dennis Kroh had a stroke

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Oh dang. Met him at a Dallas gun show. Nice guy. Hope he gets better quick.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

I saw the email this am. It sounds like things are pretty positive.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Birthdays....yea, bad shit, not like he's 400 years old either, I hope he gets it all back together. If he can type then that's a good sign.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

Yeah, typing is definitely a great sign. I could never comprehend how devastating a stroke could be until my dad had a severe stroke about two years ago (lost 50% of the left side of his brain). He still struggles with speaking, though is continually improving, as his speech center was wrecked and basically has no use of his right arm/hand and very limited use of his right leg. To add insult to injury, he was only 64 yrs old and physicals indicated that he was healthy with only very slightly elevated cholesterol (not enough that the doctors worried about or desired to medicate).

Maybe it's a Dennis thing, my dad's first name is Dennis too. In all seriousness, I hope not only for a speedy recovery for Dennis, but strength for his family too as it's difficult to not only witness but to have to potentially adjust to new limitations and the new man he may become. Since a stroke can result in death of brain cells depending on how long it occurred before blood flow was potentially restored, the person may not be exactly the same person pre-stroke. Therefore, you may have to accept that the person you knew is not exactly the same person anymore personality wise.