New Guy

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
paulf

New Guy

Post by paulf »

Hi, I just joined up today. I have two rifles. A 1933 Izhevsk hex and a 1943 Izhevsk. What I like about my rifles is how accurate they really are and their history. If only they could talk.
I do reload for them.
paulf
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Guy

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, the period 1933-1943 was a pretty grim time in Russian history. Stalin's purges, the war, it these rifles could talk you might now want to hear the tales they could tell. The type of stories that would repeat themselves in your dreams, not the nice kind of dreams. The '33 could be an ex dragoon, something for you to research on the board.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It sounds like you have a nice start. You have two, but nobody has just two for long. Hold on to your pocketbook, Mosins can be a wild ride.

Welcome!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Welcome! One more rifle than I started with, and now they're taking over the house! :shock:
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Oh great! Another new buyer to compete with!! :angry4:

Just kidding! Welcome. Post some :cam2.gif: 's of your mosins....we likey pics!

And either stop collecting mosins now or start looking for a bigger house!! :pointdown:
Thats what we call in my house Russian Wainscotting! :chuckles:
hallway.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Welcome aboard. You came to the right place for information.
paulf

Post by paulf »

NLMOSIN love Wainscoting. Thanks for welcome!!
Have to confess, '43 Izhevsk has scope. That discuss not allowed here. I like it. Hits stuff@400 yds. Nuf said.
If anyone wants road trip, in Helena MT at a sporting goods store who's first name is Capitol, got a.crap load of old Mosins in. All cosmo'd, all hex. Every one I looked at was 1920's. They want 299.99/each.
Junk Yard Dog: Like the TR quote. Too bad he's not here today.
Thanks All,
paulf, new guy