conceal

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

conceal

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1

Re: conceal

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is all good until someone answers their phone and blows their brains out.

Actually, that is the first new Idea I have seen in the handgun industry in years. I kinda like it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

That's a neat idea.

Here's a semi/fully auto version.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pY2EqFzPzn8
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Far more innovative than the Taurus Curve and something that blends right in with modern attire. Not a bad concept for ultra concealed carry. Of course, you'll need another cell phone holder for it.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

Things like this seem really gimmicky to me. Ive seen this, the curve, and even a flashlight concealing a gun.... In my opinion people should just go with the tried and true concealed options. Things like this have to much that can go wrong
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I don't know... If it works and proves itself a functional gun; Why Not?

I recall the conversations of those evil plastic Glocks back years ago. Things turned out fine.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It must be really tough working in the R&D or marketing dept of a gun maker. They have to struggle to re-invent the wheel (or the wheel gun) every year. There has not been a substantial change in firearm technology in over a hundred years so they have to create gimmicks to keep those customers coming back and those dollars rolling in. I really see it in my recent interest in Colt revolvers, they sold essentially the same revolver for over 50 years with a dozen different names. And we keep buying!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

It's a tried and true design. And what would come next beyond the gun we know and love? I think a ray gun would be cool. :popgun:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Thug says "give me yo cell phone crackah or I'll kill ya". Ok G, no problem :)
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

bunkysdad wrote:Thug says "give me yo cell phone crackah or I'll kill ya". Ok G, no problem :)
That's why I carry this in my right back pocket. Wallet in the left.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

SA1911a1 wrote:It must be really tough working in the R&D or marketing dept of a gun maker. They have to struggle to re-invent the wheel (or the wheel gun) every year. There has not been a substantial change in firearm technology in over a hundred years so they have to create gimmicks to keep those customers coming back and those dollars rolling in. I really see it in my recent interest in Colt revolvers, they sold essentially the same revolver for over 50 years with a dozen different names. And we keep buying!
And that's why I own the few handguns that I do. Why spend über bucks on the latest model 1911 when it's not significantly different from my 89 year old Colt M1911A1? Rifes are a different matter. At least the smartphone pistol and the Curve broke the mold and have some innovation of any degree.
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

That smartphone pistol is useless. If you have to pull it from your pocket, unfold it, grasp it and then acquire the target and shoot, you better hope the threat is 50 feet away, or more.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

jones0430 wrote:That smartphone pistol is useless. If you have to pull it from your pocket, unfold it, grasp it and then acquire the target and shoot, you better hope the threat is 50 feet away, or more.
Depends on the scenario. However, having only two shots essentially qualifies it as a BUG.