Back in stock $$$$$$$

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

Back in stock $$$$$$$

Post by steelbuttplate »

Classic's got 'em..........M-44...$299 91/30......$249........no thank ye, I done got some :vcool:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Back in stock $$$$$$$

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Somebody who has none will buy them, it's either that or go without. $300 for the M44...there was a time when you could offer one up for $25 and have no takers. That time was long ago, and now collectors appreciate them more, even at $300 I suspect they will be sold out soon enough.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

SOG has had both M44s,$289.00, and 91/30s for, $185.00. They have never been out.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

You can still find better prices on M91/30 refurbs on GB. True, you have to look a bit, but for $250 you can still get an ex-Dragoon (not a round receiver, year unknown) from a reputable seller. I won't even get into Classic's highly subjective use of the term "really good ones." Just remember the M39 Charles Foxtrot last year.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Just have to keep your eyes peeled. Cheap ones (<$200) show up from time to time. With the big retailers, you simply don't know what you are getting for that price. Could be Tulsk'y or Molot. Hmmm, these days, it might be nice to have one of these. Don't see them too much anymore. Now you see'um, now you don't...
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

i am still wondering where all the chinese M44 went. they must have made them in larger numbers than the russian M44 models.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

gopedxr7 wrote:i am still wondering where all the chinese M44 went. they must have made them in larger numbers than the russian M44 models.
There were a bunch on GB for $179-$199. Looks like only a few left there too. And man were they beat to hell and back!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I don't think there are many T-53's left, especially in good condition. I was really lucky to find a matching one the other day at an obscure site. There are a few out there on GB rights now but are really beat up and pretty expensive. No one knows the production numbers of the Chinese. I don't suspect their production was as high as Russia's since they were building them right about the time they started with SKS's and Russia had been building them since 1943. Probably shipped their remaining guns to the Balkans and then Vietnam. Just speculation, however.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

X-hair wrote:I just received the one I ordered. $300 for a 1943 refurb isn't bad now days, but I'm guessing I was lucy to get that.
I think $300 is way too high for a '43 refurb when i'm seeing ex dragoons, Spanish non refurbs, and the occasionsl m91s etc still popping up for less. Sometimes a lot less. Others disagree though, the local shop here has sold half of their $300 refurbs in short time.

I'll stick with being patient and picking up rifles on the secondary market for the most part.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

racerguy00 wrote:
X-hair wrote:I just received the one I ordered. $300 for a 1943 refurb isn't bad now days, but I'm guessing I was lucy to get that.
I think $300 is way too high for a '43 refurb when i'm seeing ex dragoons, Spanish non refurbs, and the occasionsl m91s etc still popping up for less. Sometimes a lot less. Others disagree though, the local shop here has sold half of their $300 refurbs in short time.

I'll stick with being patient and picking up rifles on the secondary market for the most part.
Secondary market is more fun anyway. :mrgreen:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
B24

Post by B24 »

Rongo wrote:
racerguy00 wrote:

Secondary market is more fun anyway. :mrgreen:
Secondary market = thrill of the search and then finding it!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This refurb is an M44? 1943 is the M44 trials year, very low production and high desirability. If this is what you got then you did very well.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Damn shame that prices that have went nuts on every gun ever made. :beek:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You did very well for $300 on that one, I am surprised nobody there had the brains to segregate that one out either for themselves or special sale later. You hit the hardest to find date for the M44 by chance. Crossed out serial numbers on refurb floorplates are normal, sometimes the commies got lazy and didn't grind the old number off. Not including the letter prefix is also a refurb norm, all parts were force matched to the barrel number. 1943 is the most common of dates to find on a M38 carbine, or M91/30 rifle, both of these models were hitting their highest production numbers during that year, but the M44 was just being introduced, 50,000 is the number we currently have for estimated production in that year, and the scarcity of that date among the M44's seems to put some truth to that. You have am M44 from the very first run, the trial run.
Theodore Roosevelt