Peter The Great Mosins?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tredegar

Peter The Great Mosins?

Post by Tredegar »

What is so special about Peter the Great Mosins?
NLMosin

Re: Peter The Great Mosins?

Post by NLMosin »

Interesting question. Whats so special about 64 1/2 Mustangs? They made more than 120,000 of them...or '69 Camaros, they made about a quarter of a million of them...

What makes one thing collectable to one person and not the other the question of the ages...

...or did you really want to know?? :?
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

More information needed to answer that question.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
B24

Post by B24 »

Tredegar wrote:What is so special about Peter the Great Mosins?
They are all special. That's why you can't own just one.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

I like the look of the logo and it is sort of a commemorative mark for Peter the Great. He did a lot. Check out a biography of him for some good entertainment.

And all M91s are special, at least to me.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

I think that for some it's the pathos and irony of the marking. It celebrates not just Tula, but the Romanov dynasty, which looked to continue for another 300 years, but which was fated to end within five. It's a marking associated with the end of the Empire.
Tredegar

Post by Tredegar »

How many Peters were made? How much extra should I pay for one compared to a plain 91?
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Last of the Czars, His whole family was murdered at the beginning of the Russian Revolution,....1917?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't know how to answer as to value, maybe they are all somewhat equal and maybe not. Depends on who wants or needs it and condition.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Peter the Great actually founded the Tula Manufacturing Plant in 1712. I have no idea why over a span of only a few years, Tula decided to memorialize PTG on the shanks of their M-91's.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

qz2026 wrote:Peter the Great actually founded the Tula Manufacturing Plant in 1712. I have no idea why over a span of only a few years, Tula decided to memorialize PTG on the shanks of their M-91's.
I think with the pre WWI failed revolution and the populaces general unhappiness with the Czar et all, they were trying in many ways to remind folks of the greatness of the earlier Romanovs. Didn't work out too well for them but makes for a great barrel shank marking! For me, it's 2nd only to the Sestroryetsk markings. Especially the later ones with the very large Imperial Eagle stamp. I wouldn't really spend any more money for one of them than any other M91 though. Always seems to be a lot of them out for sale either through the broker or armslist.

I love mine though. One of my best shooting M91's

Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach