YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Post by zeebill »

We all have to realize every US resident is given the right to breed imbeciles and most freely do. Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I keep a list of all those who will be gelded the moment I am emperor of the world, fortunately for most of them they are also on the instant elimination list.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Why would you want to cover them with Gold? Oh Gelded I thought you wrote gilded as if anybody but us would know what that means anymore. Bill :lol:
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Most of the Tucson City Clowncil is on your list. Tucson is the last bastion of the Dimwitcratic Party in Arizona and the gun control center of the state. The local Clowncil has attempted to heavily regulate gun ownership to the point that the state legislature had to reign them in. That ended up with the legislature enacting a preemption statute.

Funny thing is that some laws vary greatly even in the gun friendly West. In New Mexico, it is illegal to carry a firearm on public transit. In Arizona, it's discrimination for public transit to refuse service to someone carrying a firearm if they are not breaking any law. A few years back, Moms made a big deal over Sun Tran permitting a male passenger to ride a bus with his uncased AR-15. It really irked them when Sun Tran publicly told them that since the passenger paid his fare and abided by transit rules, he had as much right to ride as anyone else and that they were not going to prohibit law abiding citizens from bringing their guns with them on the buses.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That sounds just like the New York State legislature......right after the apocalypse.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:That sounds just like the New York State legislature......right after the apocalypse.
Indeed. Can't judge the rest of NYS based on the clowns in NYC or Albany. Actually, I guess you could but that would be grossly unfair to the rest of the state. Out here, most of our legislators understand that outside of the major metropolitan areas, all calling 911 assures is that the police will find your body (hopefully) while it's still warm.
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Forgot to mention an unintended shooting that occurred locally a few weeks ago. The discharge wasn't unintentional, but the pistol was supposed to be loaded with blanks. The location was the OK Corral down in Tombstone. The event was one of the scheduled reenactments of the shoot out. One of the reenactors failed to properly safety check his pistols and did not detect that at least one of the cartridges loaded was a live round instead of a blank. Naturally, that shot hit one of his partners. Fortunately, the wound was not life threatening and the Cochise County authorities determined that there was no criminal intent involved. That said, they did stand down with the reenactments until additional safety measures were put in place to minimize the possibility of a reoccurrence.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

You think they would have learned their lesson and checked the pistol with the death of 'The Crow' actor not that long ago.... :brolleyes:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

When I taught Hunter's Safety, I had a huge rat trap that was set, I said " This is a loaded gun pass it around." They would tenderly hand it from one to another. I said " Hand it to me." and I immediately unset it. "Never accept a firearm with out making sure it is unloaded.
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

My CCW instructor set a similar trap with gun free school zones. Only route to or from the Pima Pistol Club range goes right past a school. Some folks just don't get that if you own a firearm, you are fully responsible for anything that happens with it.
Emdawg

Post by Emdawg »

Very sad. I had an accident with a handgun, but my stupidity was nowhere near that this incident seems to have been spawned from.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Next weekend is another meeting. It will be interesting to see what changes if any are enforced.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!