Rock solid industries zipper strips.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Kdaye87

Rock solid industries zipper strips.

Post by Kdaye87 »

Not a huge fan of Rock Solid (for obvious reasons) but these are just flat out genius: http://www.rocksolidind.com/zipper-strips-announcement/
gopedxr7

Re: Rock solid industries zipper strips.

Post by gopedxr7 »

i guess this would be great if you are doing a custom modern tactical bubba mosin build. haha

pretty nice the way it works

i find it amazing by the variety of products for mosin nagants these days. especially since they doubled in price and are harder to get these days.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I use the stripper clips that come with the Soviet surplus ammo. They work fine and they are already paid for.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

In the time it takes to load the zipper with ammo you could have just hand loaded your rifle.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Earl Burlin

Post by Earl Burlin »

Get some Ishevsk stripper clips for 2-3 dollars each and spend 15 minutes practicing your loading technique. This product is stupid. Twice as long as a traditional stripper clip, and made to prey on those who've purchased the crappy Chinese made clips.
Remiel

Post by Remiel »

Once they are broken in and you have practiced even the cheap Chinese clips work
Shelbygt500

Post by Shelbygt500 »

UGH.....That poor Mosin in the video..RIP
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I'm sitting there at the bench with all the time I need, nobody holding a stopwatch on me, nobody shooting at me. I can leisurely remove one round at a time from the box, place it in the rifle, push it down, and repeat four more times. I would pay someone to stand there and load the rifle for me before I sent even a penny to some Bubba outfit for whatever piece of crap that thing is they want to sell. Give people like this money and they just use it to find new ways to butcher up the rifles.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

The day I make that face loading one of my beloved mosins....put me down!
ug.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Maybe he has gas, or somebody just of camera is pointing a gun at his head. Don't look like he is having fun, probably a trap shooter dragged over to demonstrate how to load a Mosin.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

Remiel wrote:Once they are broken in and you have practiced even the cheap Chinese clips work
this is very true. i have some dummy rounds and i just keep working using them till they work smoothly.