Factory 26 SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
rick54R

Factory 26 SKS

Post by rick54R »

Hope to have this by next week. The last time I purchased a SKS.....I paid $100.00 for it, a box of rounds and a soft case from a local Pawn Shop, 1993.
Used it to deer hunt with. This thing looked brand new when I purchased. I have always regretted I sold it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vendetta

Re: Factory 26 SKS

Post by Vendetta »

I just picked up a /26\ sks myself. Rough as all getout. Definitely seen war and has some letters carved into the stock. The thing has so much soul. Ill never let it go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Great price!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

[quote="Vendetta"]I just picked up a /26\ sks myself. Rough as all getout. Definitely seen war and has some letters carved into the stock. The thing has so much soul. Ill never let it go.

Well if it is so cool let's share some pictures of this war tested beauty. :wink:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've had 5 of these. They all shoot better than a Norinco I bought new in the early 80's. Expect a 2" group at 50 yds and 3-4 at 100, unless you're like me and can't see 100 yd anymore. :shifty: They shoot best with the bayonet locked on. add 1st digit of the number to 1956 and that's the manufacture yr. Unless it has a letter, then it's a '56 made by Russians.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Vendetta

Re: RE: Re: Factory 26 SKS

Post by Vendetta »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Vendetta wrote:I just picked up a /26\ sks myself. Rough as all getout. Definitely seen war and has some letters carved into the stock. The thing has so much soul. Ill never let it go.

Well if it is so cool let's share some pictures of this war tested beauty. :wink:
Lol just saw this. I will get some pics tomorrow.

Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
Couple pics that the guy I got it from sent me. I keep forgetting to take my own. Lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sino-Soviet, made 1st six months of '56 by Russians. Some were leftover parts and had a Tula star on the cover. :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

I love that character!