nothing special 1942 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

nothing special 1942 91/30

Post by jimpierce7 »

Better pics tomorrow. I was kind of surprised when I saw the monster of a man get out of his truck..............

Turned out to be the same ex-marine I got my very first Mosin. A red letter 1942 91/30, only it had a matching bayonet. And a cleaning rod.

Very nice guy. I still say he is 7' tall if nothing.

Nothing special about it though as far as I can see so far. A circle c is about the only stamp of note I see. I did check to see if the front sight is able to move.......... and it is.

No 200 yard range as planned next Sunday. Wife and I are going to visit our new grand daughter, Elizabeth Pearl Miller.

redspoon

Re: nothing special 1942 91/30

Post by redspoon »

Looks good so far Jim, I know you're a shooter so hoping it will keep em all inside the 10 ring. :thumbsup:
Oh and hey they're all special. :D
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

Nice .... those 1942, 1943 .... Everyone should have at least two. Nice Jim, let us see some targets now. :thumbsup:
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

42 91/30... Nothing wrong with that! :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Congratulation's on the new grandkid grandpa, well pop's, that's not a bad looking rifle. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I brought rounds with my to the range to warm it up but decided against it until I cleaned it up and checked it out. If I can I may try the 100 yard range next Saturday, we'll see, may be two weeks..........
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

May not seem special now but when you pass it down to that new grand daughter I'll bet it'll be special! :wink:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Here it is. Pretty cool. The stock has the 2 on it like my other one. The barrel looks beautiful. I'm anxious to get it to the range now.

B24

Post by B24 »

I need to add a wartime example to my collection.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I love the dark geasy looking stock on this one.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

B24 wrote:I need to add a wartime example to my collection.
Some folks give them a bad rap but I find nothing wrong with wartime examples. I envision them being assembled under duress as the Germans were marching. Now that's History.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Rongo wrote:
Some folks give them a bad rap but I find nothing wrong with wartime examples. I envision them being assembled under duress as the Germans were marching. Now that's History.
...depends on what 'war' you mean, Russo-Japanese War, Russian Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Chinese Civil War or Vietnam. . Theres one in service somewhere in the world right now I'd bet... 8-)
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

NLMosin wrote:
Rongo wrote:
...depends on what 'war' you mean, Russo-Japanese War, Russian Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Chinese Civil War or Vietnam. . Theres one in service somewhere in the world right now I'd bet... 8-)
WWII... These are the years some people avoid as they were considered by many to be war expedient.

"Dang that entropy"