1914 M91/38

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum

1914 M91/38

Post by WWW »

I went back to the show today to negotiate the price of the M91/38 I saw yesterday.

To make a long story short, the seller and I agreed to $500.

Still more than I wanted to pay, but I may never have the chance to buy one of these again, so in the long run, I feel I will not regret the purchase.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.

Re: 1914 M91/38

Post by WWW »

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.

Post by WWW »

Post by WWW »

Post by WWW »

Post by WWW »

redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Congrats on a nice score. Their hard to find in the wild, don't even see that many on Gun Broker.
B24

Post by B24 »

Absolutely beautiful!

Post by WWW »

As M91/38's go, this one isn't a more desirable antique or ex-cossack rifle, for example, but it's in good shape and "numbers matching" with only the floorplate electropenciled. The dealer knew how rare this rifle is, and I wasn't sure he would even accept my offer when I made it.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Great Find!

What's not to love about an M91/38. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

You didn't do bad. These are demanding high prices. Very nice looking gun.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Thanks for posting this nice 91/38. Often, the import mark is incorrect but the importer knew what they had, and that probably tipped off the seller. You won't get many chances to buy one of these you just have to pay the price when you find something rare that you really want.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice get. They don't pop up in the wild very often.
thughes

Post by thughes »

:thumbsup:

Even after my recent flurry of purchases you manage to make me jealous.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

A little high, but things are getting up there. But after a short while, the price will not matter as much. It is getting very difficult to find one these days. Shortly, $500 will seem cheap.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Just beautiful. Congratulations
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a very nice rifle and one my collection is missing. I have yet to see one in person, but when I do, I will try to make it mine.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Thanks for sharing the pictures... That is a impressive pickup.. Congrats...
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

...thought about driving cross state to the show to see if your hunch was right. You would have beat me to it anyway! Great looking 91/38, Im :mrgreen: with envy!!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.

Post by WWW »

NLMosin wrote:...thought about driving cross state to the show to see if your hunch was right. You would have beat me to it anyway! Great looking 91/38, Im :mrgreen: with envy!!
I waited until almost show closing in hopes the dealer would be more motivated to sell. No way of knowing if it made a difference, but you still could have stolen it from me if you had tried! lol

The dealer says he will be getting in Bulgarian M44's soon, plus he still had the 91/59 and the M38, so they might all be at next month's show. Bring your best poker face. ;)