Range Report '33 Izhevsk M91/.30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tjtM38

Range Report '33 Izhevsk M91/.30

Post by tjtM38 »

My '33 Izhevsk M91/30 was pretty damn good at 100 yards. The one out of the bull was me; knew it when I pulled the trigger. Ammo: Brown Bear 174 Grain FMJ. Had a great time shooting with my friend who had a newly acquired 1943 Springfield 'O3A3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NLMosin

Re: Range Report '33 Izhevsk M91/.30

Post by NLMosin »

I hate to ask this too loud in this forum so I'll whisper....how did the Springfield shoot? :shifty:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

NLMosin wrote:I hate to ask this too loud in this forum so I'll whisper....how did the Springfield shoot? :shifty:
Don't see anything wrong with your question. I shot five rounds through the O3A3 and it was shooting about 8 to 10 inches high at 100 yards with the sight all the way down. I do not have an O3, so don't know if it is a natural characteristic of the particular rifle. It shot well; just high. I let him shoot my 1940 Ishapore Enfield No. 1 MkIII and it shoots low at 100. I need to get another front sight that is shorter for that rifle.

This Mosin Nagant has a perfect front sight post height and all I had to do was use an Elby sight tool to adjust the windage. I got lucky with this one. I have a couple of M91/30's that shoot high at 100. Thanks for your question.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

looks pretty good to me!!