SNOW!!!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: SNOW!!!!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Snow and ice followed by freezing rain, now it's almost 40 out and fog, rain, the ground is so cold that it's freezing the rain to ice very quickly.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

The best part of winter...is watching it on TV from Florida;)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

82 here today. Wish it would drop a little.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Brought the shovel out to show it what it was missing. Finally stopped buying mosins long enough to buy a snowblower last October. At 6am I cleared 8" from the walk and driveway. Got home looked like I never did anything. We got 18" from midnight to about 4pm today. Yeah buddy!
20160216_171034.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Snowblower? I see a shovel but I don't see a snowblower, what kind? What engine? Horsepower? Don't forget to treat the fuel and fog it at the end of the season or ethanol in the fuel will slag that carburetor.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

NLMosin wrote:Brought the shovel out to show it what it was missing. Finally stopped buying mosins long enough to buy a snowblower last October. At 6am I cleared 8" from the walk and driveway. Got home looked like I never did anything. We got 18" from midnight to about 4pm today. Yeah buddy!
20160216_171034.jpg
Wow! I feel for you! Nasty today. Fog in the early am, then rain, then snow, now it is all getting ready to freeze. Early rehab appointment 25 miles north, hope it isn't too bad. Come on ground hog you said early spring dang it! Bill
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Well we got some more since the big one and yesterday more and than freezing rain. I had 0900 court and left at 0700 for a 30 minute trip. It began to warm up and then rain like 3 MF'ers. It was like driving in a fog bank and every idiot was out. Anyway about 1300 the sun came out and it warmed up into the 50's I still have a few patches of ice and frozen over snow from the places the shadows block the sun, but otherwise it's green and brown
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Fledge

Post by Fledge »

We have been getting some snow this season, but no a lot for a typical winter. Mostly we have been getting the PYO variety (Piss You Off). You know...one inch here, another inch in the morning, blah blah blah. Supposed to be 50 by Friday so I didn't waste shoveling this morning.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I left my office window open last night, it was 52 degrees in here this morning, had to run a space heater :very mad:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
thughes

Post by thughes »

NLMosin wrote:Brought the shovel out to show it what it was missing. Finally stopped buying mosins long enough to buy a snowblower last October. At 6am I cleared 8" from the walk and driveway. Got home looked like I never did anything. We got 18" from midnight to about 4pm today. Yeah buddy!
Yup! I'm in Rochester, this morning was the first chance I had to get out and clean up....drifted about waist-deep from one end of driveway to the other. Bought a new machine myself this past Fall, it just paid for itself.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Snowblower? I see a shovel but I don't see a snowblower, what kind? What engine? Horsepower? Don't forget to treat the fuel and fog it at the end of the season or ethanol in the fuel will slag that carburetor.
Its a Toro. Numbers matching. Still in its original patina. I dont see any import mark. I may have paid a little more for it then some of you guys have but the prices have gone up in the last couple of years. Before I got it it was un-issued...wait are we still talking about snow blowers? :wink:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.

Post by WWW »

I woke up to a couple inches of snow yesterday here in Upstate NY. The rain melted it before I had a chance to shovel any of it. What a damn shame. :P

In fact, I STILL haven't had to use the snow shovel or snowblower this winter yet!
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have used the plow truck once, other than that I ignored the small snow falls just long enough for the warmups to melt them.
Theodore Roosevelt
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Bye bye snow, hit 55 here today. Now we have 60mph wind gusts. Crazy weather.
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

Playing in the backyard.
It's been a while since I've moved the grass..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

jackleg wrote:Playing in the backyard.
It's been a while since I've moved the grass..
I never move my grass.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

;mywink; huh? Oh, ^^mowed^^
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

:chuckles: :chuckles: