M38 Izhevsk 1944 Carbine

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Earl Burlin

M38 Izhevsk 1944 Carbine

Post by Earl Burlin »

Well how DEE!!! :thumbsup:

Here is my new Mosin-Nagant M38 carbine chambered in the 7.62x54mmR cartridge. It is a 1944 produced rearsenalled example in superb shape, with a good bore. Bluing is perfect. The bolt is very shiny, and everything works perfectly. I haven't shot it yet, but will soon. Check it:

I've been hunting for an M38 for years now, and my hunt in finally at an end. Not only that, but I've got an M44, an M91/30, and even an M1891! So happy right now... just though I'd share. Mosin Nagants are my favorite surplus gun. They are really neat! This one came with one of the pebble grain ammo pouches and it's got to be the nicest one I've ever had. Basically brand new, not dried out or anything. Also came with a small tool kit and an oil bottle that is full of some mysterious goop!

I can't wait to shoot it, but need to clean the bore and rest of the gun first. It's a good day for me.

God I love Mosin Nagant rifles!!! :BBQ2:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M38 Izhevsk 1944 Carbine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Excellent example, I don't see the banner import mark on the receiver, looks like a Century applied serial number, one of the older imports. Have fun on the range :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Nice pick up.... You are going to like it. Mine is surprisingly accurate. Congrats.
Earl Burlin

Post by Earl Burlin »

Thanks guys! The guy I bought it from said he never fired it but once to check function and accuracy, cleaned it, and stuck it in his safe some 15 years ago or better.

It's such a nice one. Keep in mind on the first picture, that's just light glare on the magazine, the actual bluing is pristine.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Very Nice. I love those carbines!! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Good looking M38 Congrats. The PPSH sling on the Mosin carbines look better than the standard sling, I have them on most of my carbines. Very very nice score. :thumbsup:
entropy

Post by entropy »

Very nice M38, Earl! 8-) My first Mosin was an M38, still kinda partial to them.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very nice looking m38!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: