Naked and afraid...T53

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MeatMarket

Naked and afraid...T53

Post by MeatMarket »

...well naked at least. I just bought this T53 barreled receiver off GB and it had been completely stripped down. I don't own any other T53s so I don't know anything about it except it was made in 1956. The bore looks nice and the replacement bolt I got checks out with the Okie gauges. This is the first time I used my FFL for a purchase too.
I believe in the right to arm bears.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Naked and afraid...T53

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Interesting wall hanger at this point, somebody bought a type 53, sold every part off it , and then sold this. Display item, I keep stuff like this around just for that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

Yeah I figured that's what they did. With the price of individual parts they can make more money that way. I figured I'd save this thing from someone who may permanently molest it.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Looks it might have got too close to a claymore. I have one with worse outside damage that is one of my best shooters. It don't look hopeless to me.......SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

steelbuttplate wrote:Looks it might have got too close to a claymore. I have one with worse outside damage that is one of my best shooters. It don't look hopeless to me.......SBP
The pitting I figure was from rust, but I don't know what would have made that nasty row of dings on the side of the barrel.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

A Claymore is full of BB's that are all thrown in one direction, it must have been feet or inches away when it exploded. It would have had no stock left and the bayonet would have looked like a piccolo. The soldier became two half soldiers. Talk about Shit hittin the fan..........Mucho FUBAR......SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

steelbuttplate wrote:A Claymore is full of BB's that are all thrown in one direction, it must have been feet or inches away when it exploded. It would have had no stock left and the bayonet would have looked like a piccolo. The soldier became two half soldiers. Talk about Shit hittin the fan..........Mucho FUBAR......SBP
You have a very vivid imagination! Bill :o
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

steelbuttplate wrote:A Claymore is full of BB's that are all thrown in one direction, it must have been feet or inches away when it exploded. It would have had no stock left and the bayonet would have looked like a piccolo. The soldier became two half soldiers. Talk about Shit hittin the fan..........Mucho FUBAR......SBP
Maybe that's why all the other parts were stripped and sold. :lol:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I have never felt so refudiated in all my life, :oops: a Clear example of Claymore mine damage being called "my imagination" :furious: Zeebill, you sound almost like my wife. She too, sometimes doubts by forensic detective ability....and :soapbox: says that I'm full of baboon dung. This may be my last post :wave.gif: I'm hurt and ashamed, naked and afraid, and have a slight headache :bonk: I will await your sincere apology :bs.gif: or I'll see you on the Battlefield of Armegeddon........SBP
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I am sorry for your PMS! Well I detected that from your post, at least that is what it sounds like from the signs I remember from my married days of long ago. Many people suffer from the same syndromes of this and blood pitting. I always cross it up to vivid imagination syndrome. By the way for those of you who say you can buy that chemical and test it for blood traces I live a 1/4 mile away from the state police squad that has the crime scene investigation team stationed there and when I asked them how long blood could be detected after it is splashed on something. They said about a year in good conditions for evidence in a court case was about the max so all you guys who claim to have positive reactions off these old corroded rifles. Some Bubba or seller got you for extra money for rust on a piece that was not taken care of right! Bill :lol:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Dear sweet Bill. I never said anything about blood pitting, although I see the blood pitting , 2 places. I"M a talking CLAYMORE MINE FRAGMENTATION. :bigrant: I have a T-53 that still had blood on the barrel, sights, bolt and handguard. It eat a big hole in the barrel over 40 yrs that make these pits look like a small scratch, and I still shoot it. :vcool: I love you Bill and can't wait to talk to you in Heaven, but I got to go shoot a gun right now. You getting in on this one Jim Dawg?????......Alan.....SBP
CRH

Post by CRH »

Vice jaw marks.
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

No the pitting must have been from urine; they pee'd on them to cool the barrels in the summer right? :lol: I'm kidding of course, but I honestly can't tell if you guys are. I ways thought blood pitting was a myth. And I'll just chalk up the cause of those "tooth marks" to a blind beaver.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Using piss to cool a machine gun barrel or mortar tube is not unheard of, so is using piss to free up the frozen action on any weapon. That one comes to me direct from men who survived the winter of '44 during the "Bulge".
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Most of these came out of Albania and thrown in stacks and stored where the wood rotted and the metal rusted even though many were coated in the grossest goo imaginable. I suspect the bulk ended up in Curig, Romania for a "mild" (i.e., safe to shoot) refurbishment and then sold to importers. Some came through it quite nicely. Most didn't. The pitting is from rust. The other wounds could have been from beebees or someone pounding on it. I wonder about the cut in the metal near the shank though...
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

qz2026 wrote:I wonder about the cut in the metal near the shank though...
Are you referring to the slot that receives the rear sight base pin?
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Oh, that's it. Haven't seen one without the sights..
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Look on the SKS forum, there is another rifle on there, bayonet intact, with Claymore damage. , bayonet still on the rifle.......How the hell did we get from inspecting damage to pissing on a machine gun? :?: God Bless America, another stellar weekend in the land of the Free.......SBP
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

Cuz we were being facetious. You must be referring to this: http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 45&t=24664
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Thank you Meatman, I rest my case, :wave.gif: SBP