Mosin malfunction.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
FR0STY54R

Mosin malfunction.

Post by FR0STY54R »

Well, my sear spring on my M44 just snapped. Anybody have this happen before ? Any links to some cheap ones you guys know about ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoot like Voroshilov !
steelbuttplate

Re: Mosin malfunction.

Post by steelbuttplate »

I bought one that had one broken, it's an easy fix, got one on ebay I think......SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Most here wouldn't consider driving a 70 year old car like it was a 2015 model yet we routinely spend all day at the range blasting away with 70 year or older rifles without a second thought. Things will sometimes break, it happens, replace the broken part, buy a spare in case it happens again at some future time when parts are harder to find.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
target

Post by target »

Had one break in my Tula 1940 Finn Capture. Was testing the rifle out and on the third or fourth shot I pulled the bolt out of the rifle when I was cycling it. I obviously didn't run the gun hard it was as anyone would operate the rifle. It happens sometimes.
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

target wrote:Had one break in my Tula 1940 Finn Capture. Was testing the rifle out and on the third or fourth shot I pulled the bolt out of the rifle when I was cycling it. I obviously didn't run the gun hard it was as anyone would operate the rifle. It happens sometimes.
Yup, exact same thing happened to me.

Shoot like Voroshilov !
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Most here wouldn't consider driving a 70 year old car like it was a 2015 model yet we routinely spend all day at the range blasting away with 70 year or older rifles without a second thought. Things will sometimes break, it happens, replace the broken part, buy a spare in case it happens again at some future time when parts are harder to find.
Right on, you can never have too many back up parts. Going to inevitably need a few to keep it running for another 70+ years.

Shoot like Voroshilov !
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The nice thing about Mosin Nagants is you can use a part from 1895 rifle to fix your 1944 rifle. I can't think of any other rifle you can do that to.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Most here wouldn't consider driving a 70 year old car like it was a 2015 model yet we routinely spend all day at the range blasting away with 70 year or older rifles without a second thought. Things will sometimes break, it happens, replace the broken part, buy a spare in case it happens again at some future time when parts are harder to find.
Cars and guns should be used like they were designed to be, if something breaks, fix it and carry on. :D

1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

FR0STY54R wrote:Well, my sear spring on my M44 just snapped. Anybody have this happen before ? Any links to some cheap ones you guys know about ?

Little late to the party Frosty but if you haven't found a replacement yet there's a few listed here http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=9
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Take the one off your wife's 91/30 :shifty: Don't forget to replace it with your broken one.....SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

Longcolt44 wrote:The nice thing about Mosin Nagants is you can use a part from 1895 rifle to fix your 1944 rifle. I can't think of any other rifle you can do that to.
+1 On that

Shoot like Voroshilov !
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

WeldonHunter wrote:
FR0STY54R wrote:Well, my sear spring on my M44 just snapped. Anybody have this happen before ? Any links to some cheap ones you guys know about ?

Little late to the party Frosty but if you haven't found a replacement yet there's a few listed here http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=9
No problem man, I went ahead and bought a whole trigger set from Liberty Tree Collectors for 22 bucks. Comes with the trigger, that tiny little pin (will be nice to have an extra one of those) and of course the sear spring.

Shoot like Voroshilov !
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

FR0STY54R wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:

No problem man, I went ahead and bought a whole trigger set from Liberty Tree Collectors for 22 bucks. Comes with the trigger, that tiny little pin (will be nice to have an extra one of those) and of course the sear spring.

Yep that's one of the deals listed at that link. It's always good to have the other stuff that comes with it for spares, especially the trigger pin. Good choice. ;mywink;