New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

texmac1 wrote:Hello every one I am in south Texas, Found this site while looking for information on the 91/30 rifles. I have several Mosins in my collection and just decided to do a little research on them and thought this was a good place to start. I am a FFL and sot 3 dealer with a store in Richmond Texas. Not here to sell guns just learn about the Mosins, Happy to help members in the area if they find that one of and need a ship to ffl.

I do have several rifles I need some help with Remington 91/30, 91/30 in cal .22, a Mosin sniper Rifle,

Glad to be Here !
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

clickclackbang wrote:Hello Everybody.

I've purchased 3 Mosin's in the past 24 hours and figured I should probably register here to learn more about them. I got my C&R in march and have purchased a couple of swiss k31's and a 1950 Tuls SKS, as well.

The first Nagant I bought is a hex receiver Izhevsk. The second is a Finn p-26 (hex). The third appears to be a 1941 Izhevsk Finn. (it's got a hammer and sickle, but a boxed "SA" is stamped on the receiver/barrel).

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the board, we look forward to the pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Moe wrote:Hello all, NICE forum layout!
Someone is handing me a dirty old rifle (first one) and it looks a lot like what you people are worshiping here. I promise to try and sort it out myself with what must be a vast archive but I might need a push in the right direction as I see from a linked newbe page (Mosin ID 101) this could get a little goofy. I look forward to spending the time studying its marks and numbers and if it's nothing special... hope to remove what looks like years of patina and actually shoot this Mosin Nagant 8-)
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ajs-60 wrote:Hello everyone. Just joined the forum to learn what I can about the mosin platform. Just picked up a carbine with attached bayonet. Believe it's a m44 but will need to verify
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dallas wrote:Brand new to the forum, I have 2 nagants 1 as new 91/59 Izhevsk carbine 1943r and one I just aquired that is a finnish M27 titkakoski with SA barrel, hex receiver. I've always been a 98 mauser collector but fell into these 2 nagants, funny thing I might ask about is the russian carbine eats all the ammo I put in it but the Finn will take silver tip and normal mil surp but will not chamber the russian hunting ammo, The bolt has to be palm smacked to close and if you try to eject the round it will pull the bullet from the case leaving plenty of powder and the bullet in the bore and I have to knock it out with the cleaning rod. Weird has anyone else had this condition?? THANKS and HI to All. Dallas
Theodore Roosevelt
Silverbullet45

Post by Silverbullet45 »

Hi. New member :D
2Mosins4me

Post by 2Mosins4me »

Greetings Gang, I bought my first Mosin this past winter, (Izhevsk round), and am waiting arrival any day now of my second, (Tula Hex). I am looking forward to learning more about both of my rifles from you experts. My first question is regarding corrosive Russian milsurp ammo, what is the best way to clean the rifle after shooting it? Thanks.
Chootit

Post by Chootit »

Hi all,
New to the forum - looks great. Learning all I can now that I have fallen prey to Mosin-itis. Having acquired my first two rifles(91-30's) the last couple of months, I am definitely hooked. Love my Garands, Arisakas and actually just about any old military rifle. Looking forward to being here - thanks!
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Well, not sure what to say. I purchased my Mosin about a month ago. It's nothing special as Mosin's go, no collectors value or anything, just a standard Mosin built in 1943. It does have all matching numbers, in pretty decent shape for as old as it is. Finally got to shoot it a week ago. Man, does kick like a mule!
namboob

Post by namboob »

Being on one firearms collectors forum is not enough! Thanks for accepting me(if you do that is).
Alan Bycroft

Post by Alan Bycroft »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
William wrote:
Im William. And it has been 6 days sense I bought a rifle!

I'm sorry, this isn't the equilivant of AA? ;mywink;

William
No, pills and booze are both cheaper, and easier to shake than a milsurp addiction or Mosinitis :)
Hi Guys...new guy here. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out where to type a post! Hopefully this is right. I have a 1942 91/31 MN...shot it for the first time last week after spending all weekend cleaning out cosmoline! I'm loving this old rifle already, but have the typical "Mosin sticky bolt" syndrome. I haven't shot it since I tried a few of the remedies suggested on YT by Iraqveteran888 and some others.
Alan Bycroft
pongo

Post by pongo »

Hello. I am new to the forum and wanted to say I am happy that I joined.
Tovarisch

Post by Tovarisch »

Hi Fellas,

I,too, was a member in the past. I am delighted to come back.
Here's my small mosin inventory:
Model qty
91 59 3
91 30 3
91 38 1
91 44 1
Type 59 1
highriser427

Post by highriser427 »

Hi I am a collector of milsurp rifles, I have a number of Moisn rifles and want to find out more about them on the Moisn site. Thanks Lee :wave.gif:
Tacticaltimmy

Post by Tacticaltimmy »

Hi everybody!
My name is Tyler and I have been a mosin fan for a while...but I just finally purchased one. I have been keeping my eye out for a HEX receiver for a long time now. They stopped selling them at the local Big 5 and Cabelas has been sold out...So i thought things were kind of strange. So anyway I had been subscribed to Classic Firearms email alerts and April 22 I ordered a Mosin HEX Izhevsk reciever. SHe is a beaut! They say that this latest batch came from Ukraine...and there is no cosmoline to be found on it. Can anybody give me any information about Ukraine stock/surplus market? Or why there is no cosmoline..? I have a 1931 with all matching numbers. I will try to post pics..-Tyler
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

First off I would like to say hi all, I am a new mosin m91/30 owner for a few months now and proud of it. Doing a search for a mosin nagant PU sniper model I ran across you guys and look foward to hearing more from y'all in the future. I have recently become interested in collecting and getting serious with these rifle. Let me know what y'all think, here is my rifle I also have ordered a original surplus sling and a crate of 147gr russian light ball ammunition.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to load pictures I will try to post them tomorrow.
dave

Post by dave »

Thank you all for allowing me to join your forum. Dolk has been very helpful in assisting me.I have a recently purchased type 53 and am really enjoying the ability to fire many rounds on the cheep.am wondering where to look for any information on the various types of surplus ammo.
Deadeye0ldFoag

Post by Deadeye0ldFoag »

Howdy, fellas! Glad to be here. I've owned a MN for about 5 years, now. I'll be sharing what I don't know about them, and posting mine later. :brows:
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. – Robert Heinlein
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson (1801)
ryan7

Post by ryan7 »

new member, have 2 mosins and a t53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

556m16 wrote:Hey everbody, new member here wondering how long I will be on this leash? I am no spammer!!!
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt