royal tiger imports snipers

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tonyemily

royal tiger imports snipers

Post by tonyemily »

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/mosi0028.htm

Any advice you might offer to a newbie on the forum regarding the snipers offered at royal tiger imports

the claims are very high; but dont know if these ring true

my limited experience would suggest that an all number stamped matching 43 sniper with correct era, clear optics Pu scope which matches its mount
is a gem well worth the asking price and more

thank you for your help

tony
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: royal tiger imports snipers

Post by Darryl »

From what we have seen coming in from Royal Tiger Imports lately.....

I believe they are selling the last of the Tulsky PU snipers. Tulsky is a company that is handling some of the sniper rifles that came out of Russia. They are refurbished (by the arsenals) real PU sniper rifles. not many left and no more are being imported unless Russia and the USA start playing together better in the future. Then who knows if there are any more or not. It is possible, we have seen the last of the sniper imports, but there also could be thousands still left in the arsenals...???????

Here is one of the last RTI import snipers just a couple weeks ago....just for comparison.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=24728

.....D
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

I have been watching the site (RTI) for a couple of weeks now and the numbers dont seem to be dropping. Is it because of the price or the quality? When it was posted here I thought they would start to move. But nothing.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
uberjon

Post by uberjon »

My father in law got a tula from them. It is very nice.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Anyone else buy one of these RTI snipers? I would like to hear more replies to the OP's questions. I went to a gun show last week and there were three snipers there. Two obvious fakes and one that had all the makings of the real thing but priced at $579 which was a huge red flag.

I want the real thing and will pay RTI what they are asking but want to hear some more about them. I dont mind paying what they are asking if I can get the real thing.

The one thing I dont like about RTI is that they dont show ANY pics of the offering. I sent them an email asking for a list of the rifles they have and no response. Look I get it....they are busy. We are all busy. But they are selling rifles. You would think they would at least reply. How hard is it write a little blurb about 18 rifles they are selling for 700 bucks...ok, rant over. :soapbox:

thanks! :pointleft:
People live together.
Vintovka

Post by Vintovka »

I got mine second hand from a fellow who got it from RT, 1943 Izhevsk with all Izhevsk parts.... Refurb matching with prefixes.
It's got the tulsky logo on it, All legit parts and falls with in sniper serial block for 1943. Here are a couple pics -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uberjon

Post by uberjon »

You will get the real thing from Royal Tiger.
famas44

Post by famas44 »

I bought one back in Feb. and it was a 1943 Tula. I am very happy with the condition and quality. I have not been able to shoot it yet, but after measuring it and cleaning it will be a good one. (I will be the one holding it back).
Using Tapatalk
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Can anyone who has done business with RTI answer a question for me? Do they accept email inquires about items they sell? I have sent two emails regarding their sniper offerings and have not received any replies... :?

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think its inappropriate to ask a few questions before making a $700.00 purchase. Famas44 posted that he got a Tula back in February but I think they were advertising the supply as Izhevsk snipers back then. If I have a choice of rifle I would pay for that. Just not sure if that is the way they do things. Anyone know?

Boy I re-read this and it sounds like Im being a jerk. I assure you that is not what I am trying to convey here. I've saved up for one and want to buy but I would like to talk about what they have rather than get one sight unseen. I am more comfortable that way thats all.... :thumbsup:

thanks...
People live together.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

NLMosin wrote:Can anyone who has done business with RTI answer a question for me? Do they accept email inquires about items they sell? I have sent two emails regarding their sniper offerings and have not received any replies... :?

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think its inappropriate to ask a few questions before making a $700.00 purchase. Famas44 posted that he got a Tula back in February but I think they were advertising the supply as Izhevsk snipers back then. If I have a choice of rifle I would pay for that. Just not sure if that is the way they do things. Anyone know?

Boy I re-read this and it sounds like Im being a jerk. I assure you that is not what I am trying to convey here. I've saved up for one and want to buy but I would like to talk about what they have rather than get one sight unseen. I am more comfortable that way thats all.... :thumbsup:

thanks...
Have you tried calling them? It might be quicker. From their "Contact Us" page "If you would like to contact us directly please call us at 407-203-4861" They did have Tulas for sale back in February but they were a little more money. http://gun-deals.com/deals/24030-mosin- ... llent-bore"
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

I absolutely could call them. But thats like calling a used car dealer with 18 cars on his lot and asking him to tell me what year they all are, what the mileage is, what options they have, etc. :shock: Seems like a better solution is for them to do as many other sites, like Mosincrate does for example, show pics of the product with a brief description and let us make our choice and buy. I have 700 bucks to buy a sniper rifle but I wont spend it with out seeing pictures of what Im buying first. Im just trying to figure out by asking here if RTI operates that way. :? Seems like the Mosincrate method works well...he sells out quick! :crazy.gif:
People live together.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

NLMosin wrote:I absolutely could call them. But thats like calling a used car dealer with 18 cars on his lot and asking him to tell me what year they all are, what the mileage is, what options they have, etc. :shock: Seems like a better solution is for them to do as many other sites, like Mosincrate does for example, show pics of the product with a brief description and let us make our choice and buy. I have 700 bucks to buy a sniper rifle but I wont spend it with out seeing pictures of what Im buying first. Im just trying to figure out by asking here if RTI operates that way. :? Seems like the Mosincrate method works well...he sells out quick! :crazy.gif:
The Mosin Crate is a different kind of business than places like Royal Tiger, AIM or Classic. They move huge numbers of rifles and though most try to accommodate requests within reason they are usually overwhelmed just filling orders. The staff it would take to list each rifle with descriptions and the subsequent problems that would arise from misinterpretations would drive the costs up substantially. Especially when they have hundreds, sometimes thousands of rifles to sell. The reason I suggested calling was I wasn't sure what you're emailing them about and most general questions that would be asked in an email could be answered over the phone also.
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Got mine Tuesday, it's a beauty. Arsenal forced matched, stock was replaced there, I think.

43 Izhevsk. Very happy.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

NLMosin wrote:I absolutely could call them. But thats like calling a used car dealer with 18 cars on his lot and asking him to tell me what year they all are, what the mileage is, what options they have, etc. :shock: Seems like a better solution is for them to do as many other sites, like Mosincrate does for example, show pics of the product with a brief description and let us make our choice and buy. I have 700 bucks to buy a sniper rifle but I wont spend it with out seeing pictures of what Im buying first. Im just trying to figure out by asking here if RTI operates that way. :? Seems like the Mosincrate method works well...he sells out quick! :crazy.gif:
The Mosin Crate is a mom & pop type business who makes one sale at the time. RTI is closer to a Walmart than a mom & pop. Each has its own strong and weak points. RTI has a good rep and sometimes, you just have to roll the dice to win.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
madmax1299

Post by madmax1299 »

Im not a huge fan of rolling the dice with $700. That is why I have been so hesitant with RTI. Someone mentioned the mosin crate and they can fulfill certain requests?
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Go with Royal Tiger. Trust me, I have worse luck than you and I got a fabulous rifle.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.