Current Samco sniper offerings?

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
redhat10

Current Samco sniper offerings?

Post by redhat10 »

Hi, My first posting, trying to get info on the Samco snipers currently offered at $249.00 with slight cracked stock, Holes and pins present..they answered email, but very brief,,seem to not know they can sell more by being open to customers..RH10..Thanks..
SA1911a1

Re: Current Samco sniper offerings?

Post by SA1911a1 »

I wonder if you wouldn't be better off just to buy the CAI sniper unless you already have the scope and mount.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Those are not refurbished PU snipers. They are as they were in WWII, then after the war were sent to Yugoslavia where they removed the mount, base and scope. They are still in sniper configuration and an original base, mount and scope can be added. This is done all the time as it is common knoledge that the Samco Yugo snipers don't have the mounts and scopes. Try to get the right scope for it though. 1944 or 1943 progress without the electro pencil marks all over the mount or stamped in....good luck fitting the base to the rifle. Really no two bases are exactly the same (unless you are very lucky like I was). Not an easy task to get the scope set on the rifle correctly!

Or there are a few (19) PU snipers at Royal Tiger Imports still. Little more, but the scope and mounts are on them already. A better deal. I think they are Tulsky snipers...I think!
malcolmhayes51

Post by malcolmhayes51 »

I got one of the snipers from Royal tiger. After some info from "dolk" on this forum,I found out it was a tulsky. After a post from him, my mind was relaxed about the validity of it. Very happy now! Like me, if you missed the boat on all of the affordable ones, this might be your last chance to get an authentic one before their all dried up. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

[center][/center]Okay, no I don't have a scope or mount..I did read that here were at least 3 different spacings on the 2 hole-2pin mounting system..I might not buy a scope for a spell, but will seek a mount...the email said no photos as the cracks varied a lot and they would not designate a rifle for me???I wish they were within driving range..My m44 from them was okay, but really not as expected...Not any bluing, entire rifle looking buffed out... but I have read enough bad about the Tiger offerings , that I cannot take that chance and order a complete repo sniper...still enjoying reading here, and visiting..RH10..
njragan56

Post by njragan56 »

I bought one of the Samco scores PUs about 2 months ago. It was a 44 Izhevsk none of the numbers matched but the bore was mint. I like the look of these rifles compared to the refurbs. When I purchased mine they didn't have cracked stocks so they must be getting down to the last of them. The are cool rifles with a lot of history and I think they are some what under valued.
Send the hate!
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

NJR, thanks for the speedy reply..I bet they don't have any left with matching numbers or that look good..Cracked stocks except for the ex-models..Still have the bug to try for the active type without mounts..Any chance you could post photos..I know it is trouble, but since, i cannot go anywhere local to see them.??
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

When Samco started selling these, they had "excellent", "very good", "good". I waited just a little too long for an excellent one, but what I got was better then most refurbs being sold even today.

These are not "refurbished". They are original and have (for the most part) the same parts on them as in WWII. Now, the "good" ones had some "mixed" parts on them. Now....what is left is the Good one's with cracks in the stocks. Still, not bad snipers. If you are deciding to buy one, you are coming a little "late" to the party, but they have a different appeal to them then the refurbished snipers do. They were in WWII with the Russians, then given over after the war to Yugoslavia.

If you would like to see what one looks like, you can look at mine here.
http://www.thedolk.com/Samco/index.html
As I said, it is a little nicer then what you can get now (maybe), but the are still worth the cash. You will notice they are covered inside with this dark grease unlike the Russian refurbs that are in a lighter color grease. That and the cleaning rods on them were replaced and have a "special" head brazed on them (Yugoslavian).

These were made by Russia for the most part in the Izhevsk arsenal in 1943-44 and issued to Russian troops in WWII. But you can see a rare one or two made in 1942 or in the Tula plant, and those are few and far between. Most are 1943-44 Izhevsk.

.....D
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

Omg, Dolk, thanks for letting me find your offerings..Quite the collection...I see you did get a very nice sniper from Sarco, and yes, I am getting into the bottom of the crates or bins over there...But,..I asked them for somemore details, really doubt much more will be forthcoming..probably will go ahead and order one next week .I know I will regret not buying one of them later....I see your very nice r-guns sniper, all matching too..Certainly glad to be able to see what you have been collecting, some of the very nice refurbs included, very clean photos too..I already like it here....Thanks. :D
njragan56

Post by njragan56 »

When I ordered mine I called and talked to the guy that runs the warehouse, I asked if they had any with matching numbers or any that were not 44 Izzys. He told me a they had were mismatched 44 izzys. I am still pleased with my rifle. The stock still has part of the cartouch. I have a scope for it I just need to find an original mount and base.
Send the hate!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

redhat10 wrote:Omg, Dolk, thanks for letting me find your offerings..Quite the collection...I see you did get a very nice sniper from Sarco, and yes, I am getting into the bottom of the crates or bins over there...But,..I asked them for somemore details, really doubt much more will be forthcoming..probably will go ahead and order one next week .I know I will regret not buying one of them later....I see your very nice r-guns sniper, all matching too..Certainly glad to be able to see what you have been collecting, some of the very nice refurbs included, very clean photos too..I already like it here....Thanks. :D
Thank you....that is a "portion" of my collection and most of those photos were taken with my "old" camera. I don't have the time to photo all of them, just the one's I want to use as examples.

PS:
SAMCO....not SARCO (two different places)......D
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

Okay, lost one, I did mean Samco global...I do buy parts from the other one too....just got logged out.. now back. Dolk thanks for the primer on your examples..Some nice things to note.. NYGN56, I see above that the offerings are for mismatched Izhevsk 1944.. well I don't have one of those, so now I know what is in the ware house... Some big offerings are in the pipeline from another supplier, not much info divulged, but they are having a sale..certainly will not be cheap.. :pointup:
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

Ha, No snipers and what a price increase..they were beautiful examples..see the video on classics's site..Meanwhile still enjoying looking around atthe irons..RH10.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

redhat10 wrote:Ha, No snipers and what a price increase..they were beautiful examples..see the video on classics's site..Meanwhile still enjoying looking around atthe irons..RH10.
SAMCO still has sniper rifles. They are the Yugoslavian one with the holes drilled and the pins in them. "make a sniper, add pu scope and mount". Theose are real sniper rifles with the scopes gone. They also have cracked stocks...so......D

The ones in the middle right now:
https://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles-nagant.html
yugo-snipers.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Also, Royal tiger has some of the last Tulsky PU sniper still. 19 left.
http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/mosi0028.htm
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

Okay , the royal tiger site will not come up, as our new Malware will not approve it?? they were a little too high anyway..So I called Samco Global today and talked with her, their phone lines bleed over on other conversations, but i did get this much..my Partner's FFl is out with them, suposedly expired, cannot place order, so then had to call him..Cat chase coming up, and just as i had decided to get the best available yugo..sniper...so goes life..It's a beautiful day here, great for some target practice..
thughes

Post by thughes »

Just received my filled-holes bent bolt ex-sniper from Samco. Wood is in beautiful shape, action and trigger are smooth as butter (as a sniper should be), bore is clean and bright with sharp rifling, crown is in excellent shape. Will get a few pics up asap.

---Todd
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

May have to get one for the sheer novelty of it. Oh and happy fourth anniversary on the forums dolk!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
thughes

Post by thughes »

thughes wrote:Just received my filled-holes bent bolt ex-sniper from Samco. Wood is in beautiful shape, action and trigger are smooth as butter (as a sniper should be), bore is clean and bright with sharp rifling, crown is in excellent shape. Will get a few pics up asap.

---Todd

redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

Thughes, thanks for showing your new rifle....I hope to be showing mine pretty soon..I went in on internet Friday and placed the order, Ffl holder had a problem, so don't know exactly when it will ship..One thing I noticed, the lady on customerservice was very hard to understand..there was bleed-over on at least three conversations at same time...Plus, she sounded confused, so I waited about a hour and put in the order on net...I went ahead and sprung for the better ones they listed..$269.00 plus shipping..Crossing my fingers for a nice one..RH10..