Any experience with MARSTAR in Canada?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Frank Blood

Any experience with MARSTAR in Canada?

Post by Frank Blood »

Hey guys!

Noobie here. I was wondering if anyone has any experience obtaining a firearm from MARSTAR in Canada; any hiccups/difficulties in the import, etc? Is this outfit a reputable dealer? Can a guy just go up to Canada and purchase a firearm legitimately and come back down to the lower 48 with the goods in their possession? I really don't want to find myself in the crosshairs of the feds. Thanks!

Frank Blood
zeebill

Re: Any experience with MARSTAR in Canada?

Post by zeebill »

The way I understand it there is no legal way to purchase a weapon in Canada and have it shipped here. That is why things are priced using the Canadian Dollar and so much cheaper up there. We just have to read the prices on things like SVT's and such and weep. Legally you can not go up there and buy something like a gun and bring it back either. I don't even think they will sell it to you in the first place. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And now the final Coup De Gra years ago when it was legal Marstar was a great company to deal with. Bummer huh? Bill :shock:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

zeebill wrote:The way I understand it there is no legal way to purchase a weapon in Canada and have it shipped here. That is why things are priced using the Canadian Dollar and so much cheaper up there. We just have to read the prices on things like SVT's and such and weep. Legally you can not go up there and buy something like a gun and bring it back either. I don't even think they will sell it to you in the first place. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And now the final Coup De Gra years ago when it was legal Marstar was a great company to deal with. Bummer huh? Bill :shock:
+1
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

So what if a Canadian wanted to go on a ...lets say a hog hunt down in the US.

He would be allowed to bring his own rifle down with him would he not?

And lets say he forgot (wink wink) to bring it home with him,wouldn't that be a bummer for the Canuck...lol :D
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It would be a shame to "wink-wink" yourself into a Federal Prison for ten years in order to save $500.00 on a rifle. I would advise that anyone just save their coins and buy one through the normal channels. Just not worth the risks.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Yeah then just think about when your cellmate starts winking at you! :chuckles: Bill
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote:It would be a shame to "wink-wink" yourself into a Federal Prison for ten years in order to save $500.00 on a rifle. I would advise that anyone just save their coins and buy one through the normal channels. Just not worth the risks.
First of all I don't really have any friends in the USA so no I wouldn't do it but I'm sure it has been done.

Just like Americans bringing up handguns for (so called friends)...but you are correct sir...Keep it legal.. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

In prison, once you get the wink wink, you can bet that what follows will be more than a wink, while someone back home is shooting your guns that had to be sold.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

I hate when Candians post about svt40s. But they hate when I post about AKs so it comes full circle.