Range Trip in the snow

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Burrhead

Range Trip in the snow

Post by Burrhead »

Went to the range today to shoot some of my hand guns. Took the Desert Eagle, Colt 1991 and my Ruger Security Six. I did pretty well with the 357 Mag and the 45ACP is really coming along. I tried some plated 200 grain bullets in the colt and some of the 185 grain nosler Custom Competition bullets as well. the 185 grain bullets seem to do really good at 15 yards and shoot to the point of aim. I also shot the Desert Eagle with 300 grain, 325 grain and 335 grain bullets today. But the recoil was a little much and that sucker had me flinching a lot so the groups really sucked. Here are two targets and one has some of the DE 335 grain bullets at the bottom the rest are from the Colt. The Ruger Security Six is really doing well for me the target I am posting is a 7 yard 12 rounds of the listed max load for this cartridge with Acurate Arms #7 is pushing that 158 grain HP at 1420 FPS and thats a pretty hot load. But I tell you that De with the 6 inch barrel and the 50 cal. bullets is a real work out! If I don't shoot that gun on a regular bases it gets to me quick and I am 6 ft 4 in and 250 pounds and I was having a hell of a time with my follow through with out taking an ejected cartridge in the face or coming close to a rap on the nose with the barrel. I still had a good time and shot about 150 rounds all total. here's tow targets from today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Range Trip in the snow

Post by Rongo »

A range trip in the snow is better than no range trip at all. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

did you wear your big Russian Ushanka? That's a wooly hat you know. :P Sounds like you had a great time.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Nice shooting! It sounds like you had a fun day...even if you were ducking barrels and ejected brass :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:D :D :D
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

Some time I have got to find out how to do a video on you tube and video shooting the De and let you guys see how that Hand Cannon scan rock your world. I really like the gun a lot but man it sure had this Hill Billy flinching after that little smack. :beek: On a brighter note I was looking at a S&W 500 now that would be interesting. :P