Having PU sniper from AIM or Classic sent to home

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

Re: Having PU sniper from AIM or Classic sent to home

Post by Vendetta »

Ok Dans future wife.. heres the deal...

These are a finite item. These are genuine refurbished sniper rifles of which there are not that many in existence. When the boat is missed on these, the boat is missed and you will be stranded on an island looking at paying $800-1000 or more for a nice example.

As far as refinishing a kitchen or paying off the car, while they are nice goals lets break it down like this... you pay the car off, continue to drive it, and it continues to lose value by the day. The kitchen is a nice idea but the materials for kitchen remodeling are not going away. We are not running out of cabinets, sinks, or pvc. We are in fact running out of these rifles. They are genuine WW2 history and will only increase in value whether a shooter or an investment. And when theyre gone, theyre gone. The time to buy is now and a month from now, $600 wont matter, but owning this rifle will always mean something to Dan. [emoji2]
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Alright! Here you go.

This is the only reason that Russia speaks Russian, snipers were able to seriously hamper the Nazi war machine and tie down comparatively large elements for long periods of time, demoralizing them and progressively thinning their numbers. Then the cheap, stamped PPSh-41 and PPS-43 mopped up, as well as SVT-40s, SG-43s, PTRDs and PTRS-41s, you get the idea. Many thousands of snipers fought and died with these rifles in hand, and many claimed hundreds of lives with them, or with PEM Mosins.

Bubba loves chopping them up, and soon there won't be any left in their wartime/refurb condition.
Say 37,000,000 Mosins were made total, there are over 330,000,000 Americans alone. 7,000,000,000 people worldwide. Many rifles are still being used, still killing.

Or: get it now, before the window slams shut and the fading dusk turns to moonless night.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

millman wrote:You start lying to her, and she won't be your fiance' long. Man up and do it with her knowledge or don't.

:soapbox:
.Millman is 100% correct ! Perhaps if you counter offer to make up the money on the side jobs? Do not lie, next you will be running for President. Just show her some higher priced ones on GB, take her to the sites and show her, explain details.

I once had a guy tell me that a gun in the house is a dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. I told him we both should see other men :brolleyes:

Explain the value will go up faster then gold or silver. AND ...if times get bad, you will sell/pawn it. That is my :2cents: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

My wife and I do everything together. And we also always tell each other the truth. Anyway, first, never say this is my last one. That sounds like you are lying in the first place just to get something.

We don't have a lot of extra money, but we're not broke. Opportunities arise for honest trade offs. Once we were shopping. She found two purses she liked and couldn't make up her mind. I told her, go ahead and get them both, and I paid for them. I like to make her happy, so it made me feel good too. A month later, I told her I had found a Mosin I liked. She said go ahead and get it. It made her happy to see me get the rifle. If you aren't broke, but have extra play money from time to time, make respectful trade offs with each other. Once I wanted a rifle, so I collected up a bunch of car parts I had, sold them on Craig's list.I bought the rifle and gave her the rest to use as she pleased. Anyone that sneaks them in or uses friends or dishonorable tactics to fool the wife is sitting on a hand grenade. I also like to explain to her about each one I buy, so she sees my transparency in the relationship. Sometimess she says this might not be a good time. I respect that and pass on some too. ;mywink; n
DanBlue

Post by DanBlue »

Thank you all kindly for the help and advice with this! I plan to discuss with her after dinner, and we shall see how it goes.

I'n all seriousness, I do appreciate everyone taking the time to write down your thoughts and help me out.
"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
Benjamin Franklin
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:I once had a guy tell me that a gun in the house is a dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. I told him we both should see other men :brolleyes:

:pointup: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :big laugh: :big laugh: :big laugh:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Redeuce has a good point. Its a give and take. I parted out my pride and joy to put toward credit card debt. But because I was doing what I could to put us in a better place in life, my wife took a good chunk of that money without my knowledge and bought my M1 Garand. Life and marriage are about trade offs.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Vendetta wrote:Redeuce has a good point. Its a give and take. I parted out my pride and joy to put toward credit card debt. But because I was doing what I could to put us in a better place in life, my wife took a good chunk of that money without my knowledge and bought my M1 Garand. Life and marriage are about trade offs.
:pointup:
famas44

Post by famas44 »

I know we don't know the full story, as in, is she anti-gun? Not used to guns? Ect. However, my fiance isn't thrilled about guns because she didn't grow up around them...she isn't anti-gun, just indifferent, but she wants me happy and to enjoy my hobbies. I guess to her, if I am collecting and playing in the garage...I am not out.
She has realized my hobby is an investment and I can sell rifles if we need money (just like when my father died, I sold off a few to help with bills). I have shown her, on purpose, "hey look what I have, I bought this rifle for X amount and look what they are asking 3X what we paid! Isn't that great for us as an investment?! She agrees and warms up to the idea of me collecting. The person might be asking WAYYYY too much, but she doesn't know this at the moment. And it's not a lie.
I have learned that to buy and not tell her, or lie, isn't right for either of us. I wouldn't want her to do that to me, so I don't.
Using Tapatalk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

BubbaDX wrote:
Judi and her Mosins wrote:I once had a guy tell me that a gun in the house is a dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. I told him we both should see other men :brolleyes:

:pointup: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :big laugh: :big laugh: :big laugh:

:pointup: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :big laugh: :big laugh: :big laugh: ..... X2
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

I'm lucky to make enough money that it doesn't interfere with anything as long as I don't get silly and buy every last thing I see. I'm not sure what the wife knows or doesn't, but I don't hide anything. Hell when its hot or cold out she has to run me out of the kitchen if my cleaning stinks up the place. Unless it's a big one, I don't bother her with the details. I don't keep very close tabs on what she buys either, which is typically clothes and stuff like that.

If we were on a budget that might be different. If we got serious about what we should cut back on it would be wine (her) and bourbon (me). But screw it, you only live once and I don't need to save it up to hand it to the kids when I'm dead. They can get a job like I had to.

It sounds like this was the 3rd purchase in a short period of time. Might want to pace yourself after this purchase. Put a set amount away a week and when it adds up to something you want, get it. Let her do the same.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I think this whole thread is moot now. I don't think either one has any snipers left.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I almost never have rifles delivered to my C&R address. I have them put on hold at the nearest hub so that don't have to be at home to receive the rifle.

I would suggest that you work thing out with your future wife and not try to hide your purchase. Marriages can only succeed if built on honesty and respect.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum