Sks from Aim Surplus

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

Sks from Aim Surplus

Post by Vendetta »

Anyone order one of these lately? $309.95 + $10 handpick. Says they took them from a larger shipment for better quality. Its only about $20 more than the "broken + cracked stocks" bunch everywhere else.
RazorBurn

Re: Sks from Aim Surplus

Post by RazorBurn »

I've been tempted to order one, but haven't yet. I'm like you, I'm hoping to see what they look like.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

They are still the bottom of the bucket no matter how you look at it. This bunch of recent imports from Albania were picked over many months ago. Those were the decent ones and sold for just over $200. As less and less are left to sell, look at the prices. If you just like a well worn and used looking one, these are fine. But do not expect one to run like new the way you receive it. Many do not without some work and money spent on replacement parts. Very little blue left. Just expect a well used gun and hope for the best.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

I wouldnt want an unfired norinco looking gun. Ive had 3. Ive traded 3. They have no soul.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I received a SKS from AIM Surplus about a month ago for $309.00 plus an extra handpick charge. I got an average looking rifle with a well worn stock but no cracks or large dings. It had the usual small scratches and dirty dull finish. The metal was not rusted just fair to barely good. The rifling was dark but OK with the receiver and bolt assembly good. It was way overpacked with cosmoline that I'm still working on getting clean. I have not reassembled it for test firing yet but I will soon.I think it was an OK deal I guess but the amount of cleaning is a big job. I think I might have gotten just as good a gun on the internet at about the same price if I had taken the time to look. I have spent a lot of money on cleaning supplies.I think this will be the last gun I buy that is so full of old cosmo. What a pain. The advertisement did say it was packed with the stuff so I only have myself to blame.I'll do a follow up after I take it out for a test fire. Good luck.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I like a grease packed rifle or carbine. By the time I get them clean, we know each other quite well.
gurn

Post by gurn »

I saw two of these the other day at a shop. One had no markings other than the #'s the other had factory markings.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!