M1 Carbine info

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

Re: M1 Carbine info

Post by Vendetta »

Pics... any info given would be appreciated. ImageImageImage

Ill get dome good daylight pics after the holidays. Best I could do for tonight. [emoji2]
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

From what I can tell... correct stock probably been refinished but the cartouches are present. Type 1 barrel band. No bayonet mount. Milled type 2 rear sight. Dayglo paint on the front sight. :/ Will post some pictures as its broken down and cleaned.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Underwood Elliot fisher Co, yes, the typewriter people, made this carbine in 1943, the barreled action anyway, I can't see the rest of the parts :) Don't expect all it's parts to be Underwood marked, subcontractors built many parts for these rifles, and they were being upgraded even before the war ended. The carbine was a true team effort to manufacture.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

I totally neglected that its a Standard Products receiver. My bad. Lol
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Then you have a Standard Products Co carbine, I consider the receiver to be the rifle. If memory served Underwood provided the barrels for these, I have seen more than one SP carbine with an Underwood barrel.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Here are some better pictures. ImageImageImage
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Very nice M1 Carbine! :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Well I went out and shot this thing. First shot took the X out of the target, but I could not get it to feed properly. Ejection was good and I really think it was the two junk magazines that came with it. Time to order some USGI mags I guess.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Nice looking carbine. Congrats!
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Vendetta wrote:Well I went out and shot this thing. First shot took the X out of the target, but I could not get it to feed properly. Ejection was good and I really think it was the two junk magazines that came with it. Time to order some USGI mags I guess.
When I bought my Winchester a couple of years ago, it had no magazine. I have had good luck with Korean 15-round repro magazines. I also have a couple of ten round mags with bolt hold open that work just as well. Still looking for a G.I. magazine in the brown wrap just to have an original. You have a really nice carbine.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

tjtM38 wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Well I went out and shot this thing. First shot took the X out of the target, but I could not get it to feed properly. Ejection was good and I really think it was the two junk magazines that came with it. Time to order some USGI mags I guess.
When I bought my Winchester a couple of years ago, it had no magazine. I have had good luck with Korean 15-round repro magazines. I also have a couple of ten round mags with bolt hold open that work just as well. Still looking for a G.I. magazine in the brown wrap just to have an original. You have a really nice carbine.
Thank you sir. I just ordered a handful of those korean mags and got them yesterday. They seem really well made and lock in nice and tight. Hopefully they run better than yhe ones that came with the rifle.