My first No1 Enfield

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Gsragtop

My first No1 Enfield

Post by Gsragtop »

I dropped a low bid in this bad boy, and I guess with the holidays it held up.. I have always liked the looks of a no1, and have wanted an example to add to my collection. They seem to be climbing in value, so finding one at this price makes Me happy. I know it's an Indian enfield, and that they are not as desirable as the older ones.
Hey I have my example for the collection, so I'm happy..

What do you guys think ??

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =459090480
desdem12

Re: My first No1 Enfield

Post by desdem12 »

Great price. You should be able to find the parts for the handguards. I like the no1s indian or not. :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice price on that one GS, Check Springfield Sporters they should have your missing parts.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These are just as good as any other Enfield made at any other arsenal in the empire. The problems started when they decided to force it to be a 7.62mm rifle, something it was never designed to be.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Nice! Very Nice. :thumbsup: JGC
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Wow, that's a great score. Nice looking rifle!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Good deal and should be a nice shooter. The cut out and holes drilled holes are not Ishapore or Enfield done. Somebody had a micro sight or scope set-up on it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Longcolt44 wrote:Good deal and should be a nice shooter. The cut out and holes drilled holes are not Ishapore or Enfield done. Somebody had a micro sight or scope set-up on it.
I thought that is where the missing bridge goes ?? Are you sure it's been bubba'ed ??
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Gsragtop wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:Good deal and should be a nice shooter. The cut out and holes drilled holes are not Ishapore or Enfield done. Somebody had a micro sight or scope set-up on it.
I thought that is where the missing bridge goes ?? Are you sure it's been bubba'ed ??
Sorry, my bad. That indeed is where the bridge would be.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Picked her up today, and she is in better shape then I expected. The description was dead in, but I always prepair myself to be disappointed.. I was not with this one, it's better then I expected.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the mag which is marked DP and obviously newer then the rifle (shiny black paint), but I'm not worried about that so much.

All and all very happy.