SOG First Order ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rideandslidejim

SOG First Order ?

Post by rideandslidejim »

Hello All
Been i while and not sure if i should post this here , but ???? Getting ready to place my first order with SOG, any comments/input about dealing with them ?

Many Thanks Jim :thumbsup:
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
catcracker

Re: SOG First Order ?

Post by catcracker »

Chances are you will be happy.
Don't forget the pictures!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

SOG are good folks, buy with confidence.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
They are good to go :thumbsup: , also some of the board advertiser's, you will need to check the head space, Get a set of OKIE gauges. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Good people.
SKhiSm 59-66

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

My only transaction with them was very recent, and I was very happy with it. Would definitely buy there again, although I also want to check out a show or two, hands on seems good.
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"
husker51

Post by husker51 »

You have been off the air for a while "Ride and slide" . I bought a laminate stock M44 from them last year. I paid the extra for best of 5 I think it was. I was very happy with what I received. It was a 44 Izhevsk but it was in very nice condition. Like the previous fella said, "order with confidence". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

good to go
AJ333

Post by AJ333 »

I was very pleased with them and the M44's I got.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SOG used to (many years ago) have a very "poor" reputation. It may have been just on one forums (not here).

I have always found them to be a great place to buy from, even in the past.

I always wonder if it was because they are not a "Sponsor" on one of the "other" boards and you are not allowed to say good things about a non-Sponsor there. ;mywink;

There have been other vendors "in the same boat" also.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

I have bought a lot of rifles from SOG over the years and all were as advertised. another good place to buy from is Aim Surplus ,they are in the same part of Ohio as SOG. both will do you right.
gurn

Post by gurn »

I haven't bought from them in some time but they always made me happy. Always great on the phone, fast shipping and a good selection.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Well Placed the order today,although not happy with there 3 % surcharge for credit card, but that was still cheaper than paying a COD fee by ups. The SKS i orders was listed as good to very good condition, guess we will see when the brown truck pulls up.
Thanks All
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

When I used them 20 years ago a very top notch out fit, I had confidence with there product.

(thinking about it now, the Finn Model 91 I have that is in the show case came from SOG 20+ years ago, those were good times collecting)
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I bought something from them back in the mid 90's, don't recalls, possibly the SVT-40. That was handled by a 001 friend of mine at the time.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt