It's official here in Dallas

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
husker51

Re: It's official here in Dallas

Post by husker51 »

Here is an update: While I was visiting Omaha, I found a 1926 Tula 91/30 in a prewar stock, and the barrel and receiver are in as new condition with like new bore. There was about 15 or so 91/30s to pick from and I watched 4 go out the door before I left. One of the clerks at Cabela's told me they had about 30 in the back still. I was in a pinch for time so could not camp out and look at the rest but I think I probably got the best one! Photos will be posted upon my return home(In about a week). I know it's only a refurbished dragoon but it is in incredible overall condition. Even the stock is above average condition. The stamping on the stock is not completely obliterated.

I may have to stop at Cabela's in Kearney on my way home. :D
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Christiana, DE Cabela's also out/no more expected. Last one sold several weeks ago.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What I like about Cabela's is that they put the rifles out where you can reach them to look them over. Gander Mountain has them on the shelf too far behind the counter for you to see any details and I don't like clerks breathing down my neck after, or while I look at one, then another, then another.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Even if there are humoungus amounts of Mosins left, what we end up getting are rifles that have been sanded to within an inch of their life, given a phony-looking uber-glossy Weatherby-type finish, and stamped with a pw arms "billboard" on the receiver,

Bubba can't skrew them up too much more at this point.....
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

JoeR wrote:Speaking of Gander Mountain, there's a new store not far from me, do they all have MilSurps ? :o
Nope, you'll have to go check it out.
Last edited by djbuck1 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

bunkysdad wrote:What I like about Cabela's is that they put the rifles out where you can reach them to look them over. Gander Mountain has them on the shelf too far behind the counter for you to see any details and I don't like clerks breathing down my neck after, or while I look at one, then another, then another.
I like that about Cabela's too. If they are "out" for good, I'm going to miss my weekend trips to look over the rifles.

'Just went to a Dunham's where I had to wait like a second class cook boy while some kid handed me each one of five rifles to look over. I lucked out and am taking home a nice 1939 Izhevsk in a decent prewar stock as compensation for my "Oliver Twist" indignity.
Last edited by djbuck1 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i was at the rogers mn cabelas friday and they had prolly around 20 out on the shelves but i had no time to peek at them