Tikka highwall 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Lee-online

Tikka highwall 91/30

Post by Lee-online »

I have been hoping to find a nice round receiver Tikka. When I found this one I just had to have it.

Just a nice clean example of a Finnish 91/30, Tikka barrel, 1943 Izhevsk receiver and a one piece Tula stock. Time and effort when into shimming the stock.

Kollaa kestää
racerguy00

Re: Tikka highwall 91/30

Post by racerguy00 »

I don't recall ever seeing a '43 dated receiver on one. Thats awesome. Finn capture mosins from that late are scarce anyways. Could have been put together well after WW2 but still uncommon.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

These were made by the Finns in 43 and 44, pretty sweet rifles.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

bocephus wrote:These were made by the Finns in 43 and 44, pretty sweet rifles.
From what I've read, some of these were assembled as late as the 70s, similar to B barrel m39s and m91s. They used barrels produced in '44.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice, like the 43 receiver :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Don't know when it was made but it looks like it was never shot or used. All parts are blued, bore is the best I have ever seen.

Nothing stands out except its a 1938 Tula one piece stock, not a two piece like I usually see. Bolt is a typical mix and has a Sako extractor.

I wonder if anyone has looked into the serial number ranges?
Kollaa kestää
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Great looking Tikka! I think a lot of these came out looking pretty much "New in Box" as far as bore condition. Mine was still jammed full of grease and after cleaning, was absolutely pristine.

As far as serial range data, I thought there is someone on the "other" forum that was tracking these. Don't remember the name off the top of my head though.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I was wondering if serial numbers were compiled and they had date ranges.

If the Finns had a 1943, the barrel must have been completely destroyed for them not to salvage and keep the whole rifle.

I am not a member on the other forum, I don't have time to surf all the different forums. :redfaced:
Kollaa kestää
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

bocephus wrote:These were made by the Finns in 43 and 44, pretty sweet rifles.
The Finn's never built their own receivers though...

I agree it had to have been built post war, but even more cool that it was on a receiver built later in the war and then captured. This is like a "new" receiver to the Finns! haha
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Does anyone know of other models that have high wall receivers used on them. I know low wall round receiver were also used on M91s and m39's.
Kollaa kestää
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I believe the Finn M91/30 is the only model found with a high wall receiver. That's a very rare beauty.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Thats a keeper for sure Lee, very nice rifle indeed. :thumbsup:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I spied this on gunbroker and could clearly see it was a high wall. There was only one other bidder who went $25 above the starting price.

You guys must be sleeping to let this one through, unless I over paid.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =453007691
Kollaa kestää
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Lee-online wrote:I spied this on gunbroker and could clearly see it was a high wall. There was only one other bidder who went $25 above the starting price.

You guys must be sleeping to let this one through, unless I over paid.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =453007691

No you stole that one Lee, about $100 below the low end, being it's built on a 43 reciever, if it had been noted as such in the tag line it would have gone even higher.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin